Bachelor of Education in Family and Consumer Sciences (Grades 6-12)
Residential Bachelor of Education in Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Grades 6-12 (B.Ed.) – Licensure
Confidently teach young learners with a Bachelor of Education in Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Grades 6-12 degree. In Liberty University’s School of Education, you’ll learn to instruct and develop courses in Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) education. Our education methods classes are designed to give you the tools to meet the needs of every learner. You’ll learn how to utilize the strengths all students bring to the classroom. In-field classroom experiences throughout the program will allow you to put the theory you learn into practice. Classes in parenting, interior design, and career planning will prepare you to teach these subjects.
Our courses are taught from a Christian perspective by educators with years of experience in FACS education. Liberty faculty will show you how to view teaching through a biblical worldview. You’ll be ready to make a positive impact in public, private, community, or homeschool settings.
The B.Ed. in Family and Consumer Sciences Education is the perfect degree for individuals who are passionate about the contemporary family and want to help learners develop the same zeal. This degree will allow you to begin a career in Family and Consumer Sciences Education. You’ll have the opportunity to gain state licensure and the qualifications needed to teach students at the middle or high school level.
- Program Expectations & Advising Resources for the B.Ed. in Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Licensure information for the B.Ed. in Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Get more info on the B.Ed. degrees at Liberty University
Academics: Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Grades 6-12
120 total credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured Family and Consumer Sciences Education Courses
- Development of Contemporary Families (FACS 205)
- Design and Construction I for Interiors (FACS 221)
- Human Nutrition (FACS 330)
- Family Economic Decisions (FACS 350)
- Parenting (FACS 370)
Career Opportunities in FACS Education
Upon graduation, you will have the opportunity to gain state licensure and become certified to teach Family and Consumer Sciences Education in grades 6-12.
- Secondary Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) School Teacher
- K-12 Education Consultant
- K-12 Curriculum Coordinator