Academic Peer Mentoring
Prepare for Success
Academic Peer Mentoring helps Liberty University residential undergraduate students build essential skills for college success. Connect with a trained peer for support and encouragement in your academic journey.
Through a series of at least three one-on-one meetings per semester, an Academic Peer Mentor can help you in the following areas:
- Setting customized and achievable goals
- Time management and organization
- College reading, study, and test-taking skills
- Coping with procrastination and stress
- Connecting with resources around campus
- Building positive habits for university life
Each Peer Mentor is a junior, senior, or graduate student who has proven his or her ability to succeed academically at Liberty University and is trained to serve fellow students. Academic Peer Mentors do not provide tutoring, writing coaching, academic advising, career guidance, or counseling.
Meet with an Academic Peer Mentor
If you would like to meet with an Academic Peer Mentor, follow the instructions below to schedule an appointment.
If you are new to Academic Peer Mentoring, we’d like to connect you with the right Peer Mentor!
- Academic Peer Mentoring orientation will be available starting Aug. 19, 2019.
- Registration will open in early August.
If you already know who your Peer Mentor is, you are welcome to request a meeting.
- Academic Peer Mentoring meetings will be available starting Aug. 26, 2019.
- You can begin requesting meetings on Aug. 19, 2019.
To be considered for employment as an Academic Peer Mentor, students must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a currently enrolled residential student
- Have junior/senior/graduate student status by credit in the upcoming semester
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Be available to work 15 hours per week
- Have a desire to equip peers to succeed academically at Liberty University
If you meet these criteria and would like more information about the application process, contact email@example.com.
DeMoss Hall, Room 1100