Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) in Studio and Digital Arts
PLEASE NOTE: Application to this degree is a 2-step process.
Resident Graduate Admissions Office Requirements
Application and all requirements MUST be in hand by MARCH 15 for Fall 2015 enrollment.
- $50 application fee (waived for current Liberty students and Alumni, please complete paper application)
- Official college transcripts (must be mailed directly from your college to Liberty University in an official, sealed envelope)
- Regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA. Students will be accepted on caution through a case-by-case basis.
- 3 letters of recommendation are required from former or current professors and/or employers (must be on University or Company letterhead with signature). These should address your creative talent and your ability to succeed in a rigorous academic program.
- Resume that includes full contact information, educational background (including coursework and instructors), honors, awards and/or teaching experience, as well as the names of your references.
- Self-Certification Form (for students in the final term of their bachelor's degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate applicants must complete Graduation Application.
- Additional admission requirements for international students
Please submit all Resident Graduate Admissions Office Requirements to the Resident Graduate Admissions Office:
- Apply online
- Apply via e-mail
- Apply via fax
M.F.A. Graduate Committee Requirements
All Committee requirements MUST be in hand by MARCH 15 for an admission decision to be made for Fall 2015 enrollment.
- Artist Statement (typed) describing your background, direction of work and preferred area of study (e.g., graphic design, animation)
- Personal Portfolio - CD/DVD with 20 images in jpeg/jpg or pdf format (recommend 144 ppi-1440 pixels for the longest dimension). An image list with label information in a Microsoft Word document must be included. The CD/DVD should open on a Mac OS X platform. The portfolio should reflect a strong, self-directed involvement in your intended emphasis and supporting fields.
Please mail all M.F.A. Graduate Committee Requirements to:
Attn: Julie King
1971 University Blvd.
DeMoss Hall 4072
Lynchburg, VA 24515
*Students who are considered for this program will be contacted by the Department of Studio and Digital Arts.