Throughout the college admissions process, there are many steps to complete, so we have tried to make that process as simple as possible for you.
Our admission process is broken down into four simple steps, outlined below. By following this process, you will be set up for success and when completed in a timely manner make you eligible for rewards through our Priority Program.
Apply to Liberty today and begin your dream of being a professional who impacts the world for Christ!
Applying to Liberty University is now easier than ever! Apply online in 5 minutes on your phone or computer. You can also apply by giving us a call at (800) 543-5317 or stopping by during our office hours.
Once your application is processed (1-2 business days after applying), you can claim your Liberty University account, or myLU, by visiting Liberty.edu/Account.
Your myLU account will give you access to the following:
- Your Student Checklist
- Your official Liberty University email account
- Required math and English assessments(upon acceptance)
- Your ASIST account
You will need your Liberty University ID number to claim your account. Call us at (800) 543-5317 if you experience any difficulty. You’ll also receive an email from us with this information and your ID number.
Submit Your $250 Enrollment Deposit
- If you have not already submitted your deposit, we recommend doing so as early as possible because the sooner you deposit, the more scholarship money you will be eligible for.
- Pay online or call us at (800) 543-5317.
Now that you have applied, submit the following documents to receive your admission decision. You can also view your personalized Student Checklist for more details:
- High school* and college transcripts can be submitted by completing a Transcript Request Form or by logging into Parchment (or another secured electronic transcript program).
- High school transcripts are not required if you have already completed 12+ transferable college credits and submit a High School Self-Certification through your ASIST account.
*Only the unweighted high school GPA will be accepted.
Official Test Scores
- The Writing section of the SAT is not considered for acceptance or Liberty scholarships.
- All standardized test scores are super-scored, meaning we will consider your best composite ACT score or your best SAT score based on the Evidence-based Reading and Writing and the Math sections.
- Liberty University now offers award-winning Prepworks® ACT and SAT preparation courses with money-back guarantees.
After reviewing your application, additional information or documents may be requested by the admission committee.
Complete Financial Check-In and Select On-Campus Housing
Sign-in to myLU and find “Financial Check-In” under “Login Shortcuts.” Within FCI, you will complete the following:
- Register your vehicle
- Select housing
- Purchase Flames Cash
- Review and verify your Summary of Accounts and Financial Aid (scholarships, fees, and tuition costs)
- Select a payment plan
- Make your first payment
- Try these step-by-step FCI instructions or view the FCI video tutorial.
- For questions regarding Financial Check-In and payment plans, please call Student Accounts at (866) 783-0191.
Complete Your Math and English Assessments
- Login to your myLU account> Blackboard > My Access > Courses > Math Assessment and English Assessment.
- Both assessments need to be completed in order to register for classes.
- If your score is above 22 on the first part of the Math Assessment, you will be asked to take part 2.
- If transferring in college credit for math or English, you may not be required to take the respective assessment.
Once you have completed FCI, you’ll be eligible to register for courses (when available). You can view our Course Registration Tutorials for registration tips and instructions.
Remember, the math and English assessments need to be completed before you can register for classes. Already finished your assessments? Use the Math and English Placement Guide to determine which math and English courses you should take.
Your Final Steps
- Submit your picture for your Flames Pass. This serves as your student ID which gives you access to your dorm, Convocation, the gym, and much more!
- Register with FERPA in ASIST. This PIN will secure your student records and will be required in order for others to access your information when calling our offices.
- Complete the student health form in ASIST for your immunization requirements.
- Order textbooks from our Barnes & Noble Bookstore. Use our interactive course material search to load your schedule and determine everything you need for class.