Throughout the college admissions process, there are many steps to complete, so we have tried to make that process as simple as possible for you.
Our 4 A’s of Admissions are Apply, Accept, ASIST, and Attend. By following the 4 A’s outlined below, you will be set up for success as you navigate the admission process.
Apply to Liberty today and begin your dream of being a professional who impacts the world for Christ!
Applying to Liberty University is now easier than ever! Apply online in 5 minutes on your phone or computer! You can also apply by giving us a call at (800) 543-5317 or stopping by during our office hours.
Once your application is processed (1-2 business days after applying), you can claim your Liberty University account, or myLU, by visiting Liberty.edu/Account.
Your myLU account will give you access to the following:
- Your official Liberty University email account
- Required math and English assessments (upon acceptance)
- Your ASIST account
- Your Student Checklist
You will need your Liberty University ID number to claim your account. Call us at (800) 543-5317 if you experience any difficulty. You’ll also receive an email from us with this information and your ID number.
After you apply, submit the following documents to receive your admission decision. You can also view your personalized Student Checklist for more details:
- High school* and college transcripts can be submitted by completing a Transcript Request Form or by logging into Parchment (or another secured electronic transcript program).
- High school transcripts are not required if you have already completed 12+ transferable college credits and submit a High School Self-Certification through your ASIST account.
*Only the unweighted high school GPA will be accepted.
Official Test Scores
- The Writing section of the SAT is not considered for acceptance or Liberty scholarships.
- All standardized test scores are super-scored, meaning we will consider your best composite ACT score or your best SAT score based on the Evidence-based Reading and Writing and the Math sections.
- Liberty University now offers award-winning Prepworks® ACT and SAT preparation courses with money-back guarantees.
After reviewing your application, additional information or documents may be requested by the admission committee.
Once you receive your acceptance decision from Liberty:
Submit Your $250 Enrollment Deposit
- If you have not already submitted it, this deposit secures your award package, so we recommend submitting it as early as possible to receive a higher award amount.
- Pay online or call us at (800) 543-5317.
Complete Your Math and English Assessments
- Login to your myLU account > Blackboard > My Access > Courses > Math Assessment and English Assessment.
- Both assessments need to be completed in order to register for classes.
- If your score is above 22 on the first part of the Math Assessment, you will be asked to take part 2.
- If transferring in college credit for math or English, you may not be required to take the respective assessment.
Submit Your FAFSA
You and a parent or guardian must sign the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) electronically; to do so, both you and your parent/guardian will use the FSA ID that each of you will need to create before starting the FAFSA.
Secure Your Federal Student Loans
- Sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- Complete Entrance Counseling.
- For more information, visit our Financial Aid Office’s website.
Your ASIST (Automated Student Information Service Tool) account is where you will complete some of the most fun and exciting steps in the enrollment process here at Liberty University.
Complete Financial Check-In and Select On-Campus Housing
Sign-in to myLU and find “Financial Check-In” under “Login Shortcuts.” Within FCI, you will complete the following:
- Vehicle Registration
- Purchase Flames Cash
- Review and verify your Summary of Accounts and Financial Aid (scholarships, fees, and tuition costs)
- Select a payment plan
- Make your first payment
- Try these step-by-step FCI instructions or view the FCI video tutorial.
- For questions regarding Financial Check-In and payment plans, please call Student Accounts at (866) 783-0191.
Once you have completed FCI, you’ll be eligible to register for courses (when available). You can view our Course Registration Tutorials for registration tips and instructions.
Remember, the math and English assessments need to be completed before you can register for classes. Already finished your assessments? Use the Math and English Placement Guide to determine which math and English courses you should take.
Your Final Steps
- Submit your picture for your Flames Pass. This serves as your student ID which gives you access to your dorm, Convocation, the gym, and much more!
- Register with FERPA in ASIST. This PIN will secure your student records and will be required in order for others to access your information when calling our offices.
- Complete the student health form in ASIST for your immunization requirements.
- Order textbooks from our Barnes & Noble Bookstore. Use our interactive course material search to load your schedule and determine everything you need for class.