Research, Design, and Test New Technology With Our School of Engineering
Do you like to tinker with electronics? Or perhaps you have a gift for designing machines? If you have ever wanted to see your dreams of working in the field of engineering become a reality, then Liberty University’s School of Engineering is the place for you to get the training you need.
Continuing the dream of our founder Dr. Jerry Falwell, we are committed to producing Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills necessary to impact tomorrow’s technology-related disciplines.
As you pursue an engineering degree with us, you will have access to modern facilities and some of the latest technology available. Our qualified faculty seek to know their students personally and provide them with opportunities for education, research, and a successful professional career. Our programs offer you the chance to design, build, and test machines, electronics, or computers. We offer degree specializations in many disciplines of engineering that factor into successful operations and project management.
Available School of Engineering Degree Programs
The School of Engineering currently offers 5 different engineering bachelor’s degrees, each with its own area of concentration. Currently, we offer four programs, computer, electrical, industrial and systems, and mechanical engineering, which are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Why Choose Liberty’s School of Engineering?
Liberty University’s School of Engineering has many degree options and opportunities for you to get practical experience in the field of engineering. The long-term vision of our school is to create and maintain nationally recognized engineering degrees, centers, institutes, and initiatives in education, research, training, and missions so that our Christ-centered graduates can have the greatest impact on tomorrow’s world. You can be a part of this exciting program!
We offer opportunities for you to assist with missions by lending your engineering skills and knowledge in areas like water purification systems, transport and logistical issues, village lighting, and data and statistical analysis. Throughout your academic journey with Liberty, you will receive academic advising to ensure you are on the right track every step of the way. Our School of Engineering is supportive of your success as both a student and a graduate.
Simply put, accreditation is essential for value in higher education. Accreditation through the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET* is proof that a collegiate program has met certain standards necessary to produce graduates who are ready to enter their professions.
Currently, we offer four programs, computer, electrical, industrial and systems, and mechanical engineering, which are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC – Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
*ABET accredits postsecondary degree-granting programs housed within regionally accredited institutions. They accredit programs only, not degrees, departments, colleges, or institutions.
Our internships are a big attraction to our engineering school. As one of the largest Christian residential universities in the United States, we have the resources to offer a number of internships. Our students have interned with 49 companies across nine states and four countries. Participating in an internship provides a chance to practice classroom theory and work alongside seasoned professionals. Make use of these opportunities for the competitive edge you need upon graduation.
Highlights of the School of Engineering
- Our computer, electrical, industrial & systems, and mechanical engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org. This means you can be sure your degree will be well respected in the engineering field.
- Many classes are associated with a lab. This gives you an opportunity for practical application and better assimilation of the lessons.
- Students who participated in the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (first level of licensing for engineers) have had a 100% pass rate since July 2015.
One of our mechanical engineering graduates delivered a research paper at the ASME national conference and was accepted into a PhD program at VCU.
- You will have access to the latest technology and a qualified faculty that seek to know you personally and to provide you with opportunities for education, research, and training in a Christ-centered environment.
- Liberty University’s Center for Engineering Research & Education (CERE), located in nearby Bedford County, Virginia, promotes research and development of all forms of energy generation, storage, transmission, and through the Center for Advanced Engineering & Research, which is part of the CERE, engineering students at Liberty have the opportunity to observe and assist with research in the state-of-the-art facility.
- You may have the opportunity to intern at companies such as Disney, Apple Computer, Georgia Pacific, NASA, Babcock & Wilcox, and much more. This will not only offer you hands-on experience, but many internships are paid, allowing you to offset living costs.
Learn more about meeting requirements for licensure or certification in your state.