Get on Track to Landing Your Dream Job in Social Media and Digital Advertising
Imagine yourself working for one of the top ad agencies in the country. You meet with elite clients and act as a liaison between them and your creative team. Working as a well-oiled team, you complete the project and deliver the strategy to your enthused client. If this type of team-oriented, fast-paced, creative-driven environment excites you, then our social media management degree is a great choice for you.
Now is your chance to get started on the path to a rewarding future in social media, digital advertising, or public relations. At Liberty, we offer a B.S. in Strategic Communication specific to social media management to help students like you get the tools you’ll need. An exciting and financially rewarding career in digital communication is waiting for you!
Our program will help you develop customer relationship strategies to build consumer loyalty. As an on-campus Liberty student, you will have audio and video production equipment at your disposal to create powerful content. By understanding the emerging social media, digital, and technology trends while gaining hands-on experience with them, you will be able to show employers a wide range of communication skills that will make you extremely useful. Your future in advertising, branding, and content creation is just a degree away.
Why Choose Liberty’s Strategic Communication – Social Media Management Degree?
Your degree should prepare you for more than a job. At Liberty, we believe a social media management degree should prepare you for a diverse and rewarding career that you can get excited about. That’s why we designed our strategic communication program to focus on real-world applications and industry trends that will make you stand out to future employers.
Let us help equip you with the skillset you will need to succeed. Study hands-on with state-of-the-art audio and video equipment under the direction of professors who are active communication industry leaders. Our students work with real clients in all types of fields, from symphonies to flight organizations to political candidates. Many times, you will be able to choose the type of client you want to work with, which will help you become more specialized. Boost your résumé with projects that demonstrate your social media management skills.
Join Our Success Stories
Our alumni have achieved incredible success. From Amazon to FOX News to Nordstrom, our graduates have landed positions in today’s top organizations. We have students working in public relations for the U.S. Congress, as well as for consumer merchandising with Vera Bradley. For our social media management graduates, many are working in their desired field for major companies like Chick-fil-A, Coca Cola, Taco Bell, and McDonald’s, just to name a few.
Partner with a school that finds your field as exciting as you do. Let us come alongside you and provide internship, mentorship, and networking opportunities that fit your unique passions in the field of social media management. Get equipped to land a job you love with Liberty’s strategic communication bachelor’s degree.
*Statistic gathered from Liberty University’s School of Communication and the Arts Alumni Survey.
What Will You Learn in Our Social Media Management Degree?
Our strategic communication degree program emphasizes experiential learning, which means you will work with real clients while you are pursuing your degree. The major-specific courses in the program focus on practical applications in social media strategy, persuasive advertising, powerful storytelling, and loyalty programs. You will learn best practices for communication management and promotional tactics.
With a specialization in social media management, you will explore various social media platforms and how to incorporate a digital strategy into a business plan. Learn tactics specific to each unique channel to deliver content in the right place, at the right time, and to the right audience.
Our strategic communication degree also includes a journalism course and a few graphic design courses to further develop your skill set. As a communications professional, it is beneficial to have a strong grasp on writing and designing pieces for media. The well-rounded aspect of this degree will make you stand out to future employers!
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
JOUR 356 – Social Media Writing
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course explores writing for various social media platforms and how they fit into a marketing plan.
- Students learn practical techniques used in producing social media content that promotes audience affinity and loyalty.
STCO 348 – Strategic Social Media
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course connects students to organizational growth objectives with social media strategy, platforms, and tactics.
- Extensive focus is given to interactive sessions and team problem-solving exercises.
STCO 422 – Social Media Development
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Through a mentor-driven approach, students gain experience in organizing, integrating, and operating the school’s social media channels.
- Their experiences are transferable to other organizations, both corporate and nonprofit.
STCO 462 – Using the Social and Digital Future
Here’s what you’ll learn: the emerging social, digital, and technology trends, as well as how to apply these trends in a dramatically changing marketplace.
Highlights of Our Strategic Communication: Social Media Management Degree
Our B.S. in Strategic Communication – Social Media Management degree is a part of the School of Communication and the Arts. As a student of this department, you will receive the following benefits:
- Curriculum focuses on experiential and hands-on learning.
- Learn and train on over $1 million in state-of-the-art equipment and facilities!
- Build your professional portfolio while working in our radio and television studios, on-campus sports network, client promotional projects, and our student-run public relations firm and school newspaper.
- Our degrees are career-focused. All of our instructors have both academic and professional credentials with many of them working in their field as they teach. Be confident that you are getting an excellent education taught by current industry professionals.
- As a nonprofit, Christian university, we aim to help train the next generation of media professionals with unshakable ethics grounded in the Christian faith.
Social Media Management Bachelor’s Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Strategic Communication – Social Media Management Bachelor’s Graduates
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Strategic Communication and Social media Management prepares you for the following occupations:
- Advertising manager
- Communication manager
- Customer relationship manager
- Promotions coordinator
- Public relations manager
- Social media marketing manager
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2021 applicants)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.