Pursue an Exciting Career in Sport Tourism Management with Liberty’s Master’s Degree
Ready to gain the advanced credentials employers are looking for in their hospitality managers and tourism directors? Whether you are interested in managing travel accommodations, planning conventions and events, or arranging corporate tours and trips, you’ll benefit from our graduate degree in sport management and tourism.
As a nonprofit, Christian university, we want to not only equip you with the best academics and industry resources, but we also will provide you with courses focused on biblical principles. You get the opportunity to pair your passion for sport tourism with your desire to spread the Gospel. Confidently lead by example, and make a powerful impression on the faculty, business partners, guests, and students you will interact with throughout your career.
A fresh career track in the fast-paced sport industry is calling your name. Prepare for positions in sport advertising, corporate partnership, guest relations, resort management, and more. You’ll stand out with a tourism specialized sport management master’s degree from Liberty.
Why Choose Liberty’s Sport Management – Tourism Master’s Degree?
You deserve a master’s degree in sport management that provides the highest in academics and career growth opportunity. From our expert faculty to academic and athletic achievement as a university, Liberty will provide you with a graduate degree that really means something in the competitive sport industry.
We strive for nothing but the best in facilities, teaching, and experiential opportunities. We offer state-of-the-art facilities like our FBS football stadium, natatorium, 20 NCAA Division I teams, and over 40 club sports teams. Not only that, but our master’s in sport management is also accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). This means your degree will be recognized by employers and institutions across the nation.
On top of it all, we are excited you’ll have the opportunity to work with our sport management faculty. They provide students like you with academic rigor founded on their years of industry experience. As a teaching university, you can be confident that you are learning from professionals. Our professors hold doctorates in their respective area and will be in the classroom with you every week
It’s time to make an investment in your future. Your sport tourism career is waiting. Partner your passion with Liberty’s standard of excellence, and let’s see how far you can go.
What Will You Learn in Our Sport Management – Tourism Degree?
Our tourism-focused sport management courses highlight the current issues and theories in hospitality and tourism management. They examine the research behind the methods used in the industry today. We want you to walk away with a strong understanding of best practices and how to implement them across all fields of sport tourism.
As a graduate student in this degree, you will also learn invaluable marketing strategy skills, as you apply the marketing process to travel and tourism organizations. Additionally, you will investigate the planning process for special events and sport tourism while monitoring the potential economic, social, and environmental impacts of events in this field.
Core Sport Management Courses
With all of our sport management degrees, you will examine the implications of sport on communities and society as a whole. As a nonprofit, Christian university, we integrate a faith-based approach to these issues, a specific course on ethics in sport, and sport ministry opportunities. Additionally, we will ensure that you are prepared for the legal and financial aspects of sport management.
Thesis Track Details
By pursuing the thesis track for the tourism specialization, you will have courses dedicated to helping you complete a thesis proposal, research, and defense of your thesis. Your thesis should be relevant to your tourism focus, so you can prove to employers you have achieved expertise in your field.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information.
SMGT 689 – Thesis Proposal and Research
- Assistance in M.S. thesis completion
- It is expected that research for the thesis project will be relevant to the student’s specialization area and will make an academic contribution to the literature in Sport Management
TOUR 601 – Current Issues and Theories for Hospitality and Tourism Management
- This course will explore the various issues faced by hospitality and tourism organizations.
- Current research designs and methodologies related to hospitality and tourism will be examined.
TOUR 602 – Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Strategy
- This course offers an examination of the marketing process as applied to hospitality and tourism management organizations.
- Attention is given to the role of marketing as a part of a travel and tourism organization’s strategic plans.
TOUR 603 – Sport and Event Tourism Planning and Impacts
- This course is an investigation into the planning process for special events and sport tourism.
- Potential economic, social and environmental impacts of events are examined as they apply to the various tourism and event stakeholders.
Highlights of Our Sport Management Master’s Degree
- Our sports management programs are accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- Our Sport Management Master’s degree programs have been rated #1 by Sports Management Degree Guide.
- Liberty University boasts numerous state-of-the-art facilities to support 18 men’s and women’s teams.
- Many of these teams and individual athletes compete on the national stage.
- You will have opportunities to gain real-world experience with our NCAA Division I programs and 39 club sports teams.
Master of Science in Sport Management Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Sport Management Master’s Degree Graduates
- Advertising Sport Manager
- Collegiate Athletic Administration
- Corporate Partnerships Manager
- Guest Relations Manager
- Recreation and Tourism Manager
- Resort Manager
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Sports Management – Tourism
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a degree completion application through their ASIST account
- A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. 2.5 to 2.99 may grant admission on caution