Prepare for a Rewarding Career in Athletic Administration with Liberty
Get ready for a fast-paced career in athletic administration. Whether you want to manage game day events or you dream of representing your favorite sports organization as a public relations practitioner, we can help. At Liberty, we offer a non-thesis track in sports management and sports administration to get you into your dream career faster.
As exciting as it is to pursue your academic passions, we know life doesn’t stop when you start your degree. That’s why we structure our master’s programs around the working professional. As a sports administration student, you can take courses in 8-week sub-terms offered one night per week. Earn your M.S. in Sport Management without sacrificing your work, family, or spiritual life.
Additionally, you may not have the time to commit to completing a thesis. That’s not a problem. We offer our non-thesis sports administration track to allow professional development through hands-on field experience with an internship. Instead of working with faculty to research, prepare, and deliver a thesis, you will complete over 400 hours of work related to your career in sports administration. Let us help you stand out to employers, so you can take your ambition further.
Why Choose Liberty’s Non-Thesis Sport Administration Master’s Degree?
Partner with a school that prepares you with much more than classroom lectures. At Liberty, our goal is to set you up for success. We bring collegiate level academic excellence, real-world experience, and biblical ethics together to provide a master’s degree like no other.
Our program focuses on equipping our graduate students holistically, which means you walk away with a degree that trains you in the practical, educational, and spiritual aspects of sport administration. Get ready to impact lives for Christ through a career you love.
Take Your Education Outside the Classroom
Join our residential student body, and take advantage of our incredible campus resources! We offer state-of-the-art facilities like our FBS football stadium and natatorium, not to mention the 20 NCAA Division I teams, as well as over 40 club sports teams. Get more from your degree by getting on the field! Increase your understanding of classroom concepts with real world, hands-on applications.
Choose a School Recognized for Sports Management Excellence
When it comes to our standard of academics, rest assured! Not only do we offer top facilities, professional teaching, and experiential professional opportunities, our sport management degrees are also accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). What does that mean for you as a professional? It means that your degree will be recognized by employers and institutions across the nation so you can stand out for all the right reasons.
Walk Away with More than a Degree
Study under professors who care about you on a deeper level. Our faculty loves investing in their students and praying for them by name. Partner with our school to receive the mentorship you need to thrive. Additionally, you will complete a 400-hour internship in this program, which can help you gain invaluable resume experience. Use this opportunity to show future employers that you are an expert in your field.
What Will You Learn in Our Non-Thesis Sport Management: Sport Administration Degree?
Our sports administration degree specialization provides management and leadership development for those looking to work in sports organizations and athletic programs. Your courses will focus on planning, funding, and operating successful sporting events. Grow your professional potential by learning how to analyze management styles, principles of human resources, and corporate decision-making processes.
Core Sport Management Courses
All of our sports management degrees examine the implications of sport in communities and society as a whole. As a nonprofit, Christian university, we integrate a faith-based approach to these issues, as well as training in ethics in sport and sports ministry opportunities. Additionally, we will make sure you are prepared in the legal and financial aspects of sport management.
Non-Thesis Degree Details
If you pursue the sports administration non-thesis track, you will complete a 6-credit-hour internship. Stand out to employers by completing over 400 hours in a field related to sport administration. This is a great way for you to gain hands-on, invaluable career experience to boost your resume.
Overall, we want you to walk away with a degree that gives you confidence about the situations you will encounter in this career path. View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
SMGT 631 – Sport Event and Facility Management
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The current research related to planning, funding, and operating sporting events and sport/recreation facilities.
SMGT 632 – Sport Development and Sales
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course will provide practical professional sales techniques needed to form a framework for strategic account management.
- Subsequently, the dynamics associated with building and fostering relationships necessary for a vibrant development office will be thoroughly examined.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course will provide application for the development of skills necessary to be an effective and efficient leader regarding communication, motivation and corporate decision making.
- The role of human resources and leadership theory in an atmosphere of complexity and diversity will be explored.
SMGT 699 – Internship
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Placement with a sport or recreation management organization for a controlled learning experience with the student’s career specialization area.
- A minimum of 400 hours are required at an approved internship site.
Highlights of Our Sport Management Master’s Degree
- Our sports management programs are accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- Our sport management master’s degree program was rated #1 by Sports Management Degree Guide!
- Liberty University boasts numerous state-of-the-art facilities to support 18 men and women’s athletics teams.
- Many of these teams and individual athletes compete on the national stage.
- You will have opportunities to gain real-world experience with our NCAA Division I programs and more than 40 club sports teams.
M.S. in Sport Management: Sport Administration Non-Thesis Degree Information
- 36 total credit hours
- Transfer in up to 50% of your credits
- This program falls under the School of Business
- View the Degree Completion Plan
- Check out our course catalog
Career Opportunities for Sport Administration Non-Thesis Master’s Degree Graduates
- Adventure Sport Administrator
- Athletic Administrator
- Event Management and Ticket Operations Manager
- Game Day and Event Coordinator
- Professional Sport Manager
- Sport Communication and Public Relations Practitioner
- Sport Marketer
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a graduation application through their ASIST account
- A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. 2.5 to 2.99 may grant admission on caution