Bring More to a Field You Love with Liberty’s Sport Administration Master’s Degree
Get ready for an exciting career centered on improving the world of athletics. If you enjoy leading and organizing others and are longing for a career that incorporates your love for sports, then look no further! At Liberty, we offer a master’s degree in sport management and sport administration. You’ll gain an advanced understanding of the business behind the sport industry, preparing you to make a lasting impact in your future position.
Your career in sport administration will focus on creating and improving profitable sports programs and managing your teams, facilities, and departments effectively. We want to partner with you as you learn how to do all of this while upholding the highest level of integrity and standing out as a biblical role model in this growing field.
Our sport management in sport administration master’s degree will build your professional skill set and resumé, while providing you with a perspective on how to impact those in your community through sports. You will study how to manage players, coaches, staff, finances, and facilities from our team of experienced professors. Learn from professionals as you strive towards professionalism.
Why Choose Liberty’s Sport Administration Master’s Degree?
Combine collegiate level academic excellence, real-world experience, and biblical ethics together to earn a master’s degree like no other. At Liberty, our goal is your success. We believe in equipping our graduate students holistically, so you’ll walk away with a degree that prepares you with the practical, educational, and spiritual foundation needed to impact lives for Christ through a career in sport administration.
Take Your Education Outside the Classroom
Join our residential student body and take advantage of our incredible campus resources. We offer state-of-the-art facilities and opportunities from our FBS football stadium and natatorium, to our 20 NCAA Division I and 40 club sports teams. Get more from your degree by getting on the field. Increase your understanding of classroom concepts with real-world, hands-on application.
Earn Your Master’s from a School Recognized for Sport Management Excellence
When it comes to our standard of academics, rest assured. Not only do we offer top facilities, professional teaching, and experiential opportunities to develop your career potential, but our sport management degrees are also accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). What does that mean for you? Your degree will be recognized by employers and institutions across the nation so you can stand out for all the right reasons.
Walk Away with More than a Degree
Study under professors who care about you on a deeper level. Our faculty love working for a university where they can invest in their students and pray for them by name. Partner with our school to receive the mentorship you need to thrive. Additionally, you will complete a thesis in this program, which is extremely valuable if you are looking to pursue future doctoral studies. Oftentimes, our students publish their thesis project for public consumption. Show future employers that you are an expert in your field.
What Will You Learn in Our Sport Management: Sport Administration Degree?
Our Master’s in Sport Management with a Sport Administration specialization will provide you with the management and leadership skills needed to develop and operate sports organizations and athletic programs. Learn how to effectively plan, fund, and operate successful sporting events. Your courses will also help you analyze management styles, principles of human resources, and corporate decision-making processes.
By pursuing the thesis track for the sports administration program, you will have courses dedicated to helping you complete a thesis proposal, research, and defense of your thesis. Your thesis content will be relevant to your sport administration focus.
With all of our sport management degrees, you will examine the implications of sports on communities, as well as society as a whole. As a nonprofit, Christian university, we integrate a faith-based approach to these issues, a specific course on ethics in sport, and sport ministry opportunities. Additionally, we will make sure you are prepared for the legal and financial aspects of sport management.
Overall, we want you to walk away with a degree that gives you confidence about the situations you will encounter in your career.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information.
SMGT 631 – Sport Event and Facility Management
Here’s what you’ll learn: current research related to planning, funding, and operating sporting events and sport/recreation facilities.
SMGT 632 – Sport Development and Sales
- Practical professional sales techniques needed to form a framework for strategic account management
- The dynamics associated with building and fostering relationships necessary for a vibrant development office
SMGT 633 – Management and Leadership in Sport Organizations
- Application for the development of skills necessary to be an effective and efficient leader regarding communication, motivation, and corporate decision-making
- The role of human resources and leadership theory in an atmosphere of complexity and diversity
SMGT 689 – Thesis Proposal and Research
- Assistance in M.S. thesis completion
- It is expected that research for the thesis project will be relevant to the student’s specialization area and will make an academic contribution to the literature in Sport Management
Highlights of Our Sport Management Master’s Degree
- Our sports management programs are accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- Our Sport Management Master’s degree programs have been rated #1 by Sports Management Degree Guide.
- Liberty University boasts numerous state-of-the-art facilities to support 18 men’s and women’s teams.
- Many of these teams and individual athletes compete on the national stage.
- You will have opportunities to gain real-world experience with our NCAA Division I programs and more than 40 club sports teams.
Master of Science in Sport Management Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Sport Administration Master’s Degree Graduates
- Adventure Sport Administrator
- Athletic Administrator
- Collegiate Athletic Administrator
- Event Management and Ticket Operations Manager
- Game Day and Event Coordinator
- Professional Sport Manager
- Sport Communication and Public Relations Practitioner
- Sport Marketer
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a graduation application through their ASIST account
- A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. 2.5 to 2.99 may grant admission on caution