Cast a Vision for Your Sports Organization with Our Bachelor of Science in Sports Management Degree
Our Bachelor of Science in Sports Management – Sports Administration degree program will help you develop the skills you need to lead in the sports industry with excellence and integrity. Designed to teach you how to cast a vision for a sporting organization, our B.S. in Sports Management – Administration degree provides you with hands-on learning opportunities in our NCAA sports programs in addition to a variety of internship opportunities in programs across the nation.
Accredited by the Commission on Sport Management (COSMA), our bachelor’s in sports management degree with a specialization in sports administration is a practical, business-based program that prepares you to serve as a Champion for Christ in the sports industry.
At Liberty, our mission is to prepare you to impact the world for Christ, wherever God calls you. We believe in combining a dedication to excellence with a quality education that emphasizes biblical values. You want to use your bachelor’s of sports management degree to achieve great things, and we can help you do it all to the glory of Christ.
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank as Niche.com’s #4 college campus in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management?
At Liberty University, our sports management program offers a variety of opportunities for professional development while maintaining a close community that encourages and supports you throughout your bachelor’s degree program. Your professors and classmates will know you by name, pray for you, and mentor you, so you, in turn, can reach out to others. Our bachelor’s in sports management and administration degree offers a unique experience demonstrating what it means to have a Christian academic community helping you reach your goals and achieve excellence.
As one of the largest residential Christian colleges in the nation, we have the resources you need to make the most of your bachelor’s degree. With programs like our Washington Fellowship, you can gain hands-on experience through exciting internship opportunities without postponing your graduation date. For our students who excel, we provide additional support and community through our Honors and Eagle Scholars programs, so you can develop your leadership skills and make the most of your academic achievement.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Sports Management and Administration Degree Program?
In our bachelor’s in sports management degree, with a specialization in sports administration, you will learn how to effectively direct a sports organization and coordinate its communications, marketing, and events to excite fans and draw in sponsors. Your sports administration classes will teach you practical project management, analytical, and leadership skills you can use to become an effective administrator in a variety of sports organizations.
Because hands-on experience is important, our bachelor’s in sports management degree requires several internships, building your resume as you test your skills through real-world sports management challenges.
BUSI 313 – Foundations of Project Management
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- In this course, you will be introduced to the field of modern project management and the fundamental processes of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing projects.
- You will learn the how to define the project, estimate project times and costs, develop project plans, manage risk, schedule resources and their costs, reduce project duration, evaluate progress and performance, and close the project.
BUSI 345 – Leadership Theory and Practices
In this class, you will learn why servant leadership is the most effective leadership method and how to apply its principles to your profession.
SMGT 421 – Policy and Governance in Sports
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course examines various aspects of sport governing bodies and the organizations they oversee, including their structure, authority, membership, policy development, and the ethical issues behind their decisions.
- Governing bodies to be examined will include the domains of professional sport, interscholastic sport, intercollegiate sport, amateur sport, and international sport.
SMGT 422 – Sport Analytics
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- In this class, you will study the process of data-based decision making including data collection and analysis.
- Topics will include information gathering, research design and methods, data analysis software, and the use of statistics to analyze and interpret information.
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s in Sports Management – Sports Administration Degree Program
- In our sports administration bachelor’s degree program, you will learn from innovative educators who are industry leaders.
- You will have opportunities to gain real-world experience with our NCAA Division I programs and 39 club sports teams.
- Each semester, you will have the opportunity to attend professional development sessions with our full-time internship coordinator, who will provide you with one-on-one support throughout the internship selection process.
- Our sports management program is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- Our B.S. in Sports Management – Sports Administration degree program produces graduates of distinction who have earned internships with the MLS National Sales Center and full-time positions with the Florida Panthers, Wake Forest University, the North Carolina High School Athletic Association, and as an account executive with the Portland Timbers.
Our Sports Management and Administration Bachelor’s Degree Information
- 120 total credit hours
- You may Transfer in up to 75% of your total degree
- This bachelor’s degree program falls under our School of Business
- Download and review our bachelor’s in sports administration’s Degree Completion Plan
- Find more information about our bachelor’s degree in sports management program in our School of Business course catalog
Career Opportunities for Our B.S. in Sports Management and Administration Graduates
- Collegiate athletic administration
- National sport governing bodies
- Nonprofit organizations
- Resort management
- Sports compliance
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission through Fall 2023 acceptance)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.