Pursue Your Passion to Become a Human Resource Industry Leader
A career in human resources means face-to-face interaction with employees as you help them transition through the hiring, promotion, and eventually the retirement process. If this field interests you, our Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) – Human Resource Management could be the degree for you!
Develop your professional skill set so you can become the industry leader you aspire to be and make a difference in the lives of the employees you work with. Your studies will give you hands-on experience working in teams so you can practice a healthy work dynamic.
At Liberty, we will equip you to lead with integrity and humility. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and you will feel it in every area of your academic career with us. From your professors praying over you to the spiritual leadership team on your residence hall, you will be encouraged through every season of your college experience.
Why Choose Liberty’s Human Resource Management Degree?
- Our School of Business is housed in its own 78,000 square-foot state-of-the-art building, with interactive classrooms and our centers for entrepreneurship, financial literacy, and cyber excellence.
- Use resources provided by our information technology labs, networking and data centers, and our simulated stock trading room!
Our campus offers a variety of ways to grow closer to Christ, including:
- Convocation (similar to chapel) up to three times a week. We host more than 80 nationally and internationally known speakers each year.
- Campus Community, our weekly Wednesday night church service, where students gather to worship and receive a biblical message.
- Student leadership on every residence hall, who will pray for you and provide mentorship and discipleship on an individual level.
- With over 200 student-led clubs to choose from, you are sure to find an extracurricular that excites and challenges you.
- Be one of the first to respond to crises in the U.S. or study abroad with our LU Send team.
- Join our Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), one of the world’s largest associations devoted to the field of human resource management.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Human Resource Management?
The main duty of a human resources manager is to maximize employee performance in the service of their employer’s business objectives. If you want to work in the human resources field, it is vital that you are trained in the following areas:
- Organizational behavior
- Compensation management
- Workforce planning
- Employee and labor relations
Our human resource management specialization provides training in each of these subject areas, and more! In addition to the human resource management focused courses, all of our business administration degrees contain a core curriculum in general business, accounting, finance, and marketing in domestic and international marketplaces.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
- BUSI 343: Employee and Labor Relations
A comprehensive study of collective bargaining; the negotiation process and the scope of labor contracts to include the day-to-day administration of contracts; the major substantive issues in bargaining to include their implication for public policy; and the problem of dealing with labor conflict.
- BUSI 440: Compensation Management
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Philosophy and fundamental guiding principles for wages and salaries in business institutions
- Compensation management, job analysis, administrative job evaluation, basis compensation plans, executive compensation, and administrative controls
- BUSI 443: Workforce Planning and Employment
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Recruitment, assessment, selection, placement and appraisal issues and methods necessary to align the organizational workforce with the strategic goals of the organization
- The laws and guidelines related to the DOL, INS, EEOC, and other legal enforcement agencies as related to the staffing process
- BUSI 444: Human Resource Development
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The design, implementation, and management of employee orientation, career development, and training programs.
- Human resource development issues examined include strategic training, needs assessment, theories, program design, evaluation, and training methods as well as career management
Highlights of Our Business Administration: Human Resource Management Degree
- Complete internship and capstone courses that allow you to gain invaluable first-hand experience in the field.
- The 78,000-square-foot School of Business building provides you with a simulated stock trading room with New York Stock Exchange display boards, a 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation, our Center for Cyber Excellence and Center for Financial Literacy, and information technology labs and a networking and data center.
- Get involved with our business related student clubs, organizations and honor societies.
- Check out our 3+1 Accelerated Business Program. You can get your business bachelor’s and master’s degree in just four years!
Human Resource Management Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Business Administration: Human Resource Management Graduates
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Human Resource Management degree prepares you for work in the following occupations:
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Generalist
- Human Resources Manager
- Human Resources Director
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.