Are You Ready to Develop Professionally and Improve Tomorrow’s Healthcare Community?
The healthcare field will always need compassionate, well-trained professionals. Whether you want to work in patient care services or manage human resources for a hospital, Liberty’s healthcare management business degree program will prepare you for success.
Our campus continues to grow exponentially, which means more opportunities for our students. With our School of Business building, you will benefit from resources like:
- Collaborative classrooms that provide ample meeting space for study groups and networking with peers.
- Entrepreneurial, information technology, and financial literacy centers that you can be a part of for hands-on training.
- Over 200 student-led clubs, including business-specific organizations like our Society for Human Resource Management.
Come see our beautiful campus in Central Virginia to find out all the opportunities waiting for you at Liberty University!
Why Choose Liberty’s Healthcare Management Bachelor’s Degree?
True leadership requires wisdom and integrity. Receive training in both with Liberty’s healthcare management degree! Develop your business skill set with one of the nation’s largest nonprofit, Christian universities to stand out among other healthcare professionals.
Some areas that make Liberty stand out among other schools include:
- You can earn certificates in Microsoft and CISCO systems while enrolled in our bachelor’s program.
- Your coursework will prepare you for certification in SAP, a German software company used industry-wide.
- You will be trained in SAP’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, a certification most Fortune 500 companies look for in their employees.
Become an authority in the healthcare field with Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Healthcare Management. Develop strong business ethics by taking business classes founded on biblical truths.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Healthcare Management?
Our business administration degree in healthcare management will enrich your understanding of the ethical, professional, and financial principles fundamental to the healthcare field. Train in granstmanship and informatics to prepare yourself for a future in management.
In addition to the healthcare management focused courses, all of our business administration degrees contain a core curriculum in general business, accounting, finance, and marketing in domestic and international marketplaces. With Liberty, you will walk away educated in all major areas of business practice.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
- BUSI 302: Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Legal and ethical issues encountered in the provision and delivery of healthcare products and services
- Introduction to healthcare law and ethics, making ethical decisions, contracts, medical records and informed consent, privacy law, and HIPAA
- BUSI 344: Management of Human Resources and Health Professionals
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to manage human resources in the context of the healthcare organization
- How to apply human resource management concepts (such as recruitment, compensation, motivation, performance, and talent management) in the management of human capital within the healthcare setting
- HLTH 491: Grantsmanship
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- An introduction to the world of public, corporate and private foundations
- Topic research, organizational communications, protocol, budget development, and grant writing
- INFO 320: Healthcare Informatics
This course evaluates the needs of end users within the healthcare system, including multi-phase project planning, evaluation, adoption, and management of new technologies centered on effectively and efficiently exchanging electronic health information. This course also examines medical practice workflows and provides an exploration of the functional needs of end-users while analyzing the fiscal and human resource commitments needed in diverse settings.
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- Complete internship and capstone courses that allow you to gain invaluable first-hand experience in the field.
- The 78,000-square-foot School of Business building provides you with a simulated stock trading room with New York Stock Exchange display boards, a 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation, our Center for Cyber Excellence and Center for Financial Literacy, and information technology labs and a networking and data center.
- Get involved with our business related student clubs, organizations and honor societies.
- Check out our 3+1 Accelerated Business Program. You can get your business bachelor’s and master’s degree in just four years!
Healthcare Management Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Business Administration: Healthcare Management Graduates
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Healthcare Management degree will help prepare you for work in the following occupations:
- Healthcare Administration
- Patient Care Services
- Human Resource Management
- Hospital and Physician Office Management
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.