Become an Expert in Financial Planning and Lead Others to Fiscal Freedom
Are you interested in helping families, individuals, organizations, and businesses learn how to save, invest, and grow their wealth? Our bachelor’s degree in business with a focus in financial planning will give you the tools you need to make a difference.
Learn from professors with years of experience in the field. Develop your knowledge in creating successful retirement, estate, investment, and insurance plans for clients. Get hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art School of Business building and our Center for Financial Literacy.
Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. Partner with us to develop your expertise in educating people on finances with integrity and respect. Our Christian foundation allows us to shape you into an ethical leader ready to help struggling businesses and families.
Why Choose Liberty’s B.S. in Financial Planning?
At Liberty, your success is our success. We want to prepare you for an exciting, gainful career in business by creating the best academic environment possible. All of our faculty, student leadership teams, and campus resources are committed to bringing out the best in you!
- Learn from professors who have doctoral degrees and years of real-life experience in their fields. Our faculty truly care for their students and know them by name.
- Professors also participate as faculty sponsors for our student organizations and honor societies.
- Our School of Business offers a Center for Financial Literacy, providing you with free financial resources founded in biblical wisdom and stewardship.
- Our financial planning concentration is a registered program under the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards Inc.
What Will You Learn in Our Financial Planning Bachelor’s Degree?
Learn how to coach clients on achieving financial stability and a comfortable retirement. Our Bachelor of Science in Business Administration will build up your expertise and knowledge in the principles of taxation, estate planning, investment, retirement, and insurance planning.
In addition to the financial planning focused courses, all of our business administration degrees contain a core curriculum in general business, accounting, finance, and marketing in domestic and international marketplaces.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
- ACCT 401: Taxation I
This course provides a study of the legal and accounting aspects of federal taxation with an emphasis on individuals and unincorporated businesses.
- BUSI 352: Financial and Retirement Planning
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- An overview of the financial planning process with specific emphasis on retirement planning
- Topics discussed will include: client/planner interactions; time value of money applications; personal financial statements development and assessment; cash flow and debt management; asset acquisition; education planning; planning elements of risk management; investment planning; and retirement planning; special needs planning review; integrating planning recommendations; financial planning ethics review; overview of practice management concepts
- BUSI 421: Insurance Planning/Risk Management/Employee Benefits
This course will cover the concepts and tools used in insurance planning, risk management, and employee benefits. All three are important parts of a holistic financial plan.
- BUSI 489: Capstone in Financial Planning
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to create written financial plans using the knowledge acquired from previous course work in the financial planning classes
- How to use a software package to incorporate all the elements of a successful financial plan for a case study client
Highlights of Our Business Administration: Financial Planning Degree
- Complete internship and capstone courses that allow you to gain invaluable first-hand experience in the field.
- The 78,000-square-foot School of Business building provides you with a simulated stock trading room with New York Stock Exchange display boards, a 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation, our Center for Cyber Excellence and Center for Financial Literacy, and information technology labs and a networking and data center.
- Get involved with our business related student clubs, organizations and honor societies.
- Check out our 3+1 Accelerated Business Program. You can get your business bachelor’s and master’s degree in just four years!
Financial Planning Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Business Administration: Financial Planning Graduates
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Financial Planning degree prepares you for work in the following occupations:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Development/Fund Raising Manager
- Financial Advisor/Consultant
- Insurance Advisor/Agent
- Investment/Portfolio Manager
- Personal Finance Teacher
- Mortgage Banking Representative
- Pension and 401(k) Manager
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.