Swim Proficiency Information
The Swim Proficiency Test is administered each semester at the LaHaye Student Union pool. Each student must take the proficiency test and pass or take KINE 228 or KINE 229. There are no exceptions.
You must be able to:
- Front float for 10 seconds
- Back float for 10 seconds
- Tread water for 1 min
- Swim the front crawl the length of the pool
- Swim the back crawl the length of the pool
- Swim 10 laps using any stroke
Contact Dr. Monica Parson at (434) 582-7030 to make an appointment for review of the material.