M.S. in Athletic Training Program Mission, Vision, Goals, & Learning Outcomes
To develop compassionate athletic trainers equipped with current best practice and evidence through a Christ-centered environment. Making a difference in our students’ lives so they make a difference in the world around them.
By 2030, Liberty University Athletic Training is a leader in producing compassionate clinical providers who influence and impact healthcare through both evidence-based practice and research to be Champions for Christ.
- To produce compassionate clinical providers who are culturally sensitive through a biblical world view.
- Develop practitioners who use evidence-based practice to obtain optimal clinical outcomes.
- Prepare students with a diverse skill set that exceeds the minimal expectations for credentialing.
- To develop selfless-servant leaders who will be actively engaged in their communities and profession.
- Enhance employability of graduates and admission into post-professional programs.
- To become a healthcare professional that conducts quality research which enhances clinical knowledge and guides patient care.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Provide compassionate patient-centered Health Care using a Biblical worldview.
- Use evidence-based research/clinical outcome measures to direct patient care.
- Use evidence-based techniques to assess and develop interventions for pathologies.
- Demonstrate evidence-based assessment procedures for overall wellness including injury prevention techniques.
- Apply the knowledge of Health Care administration and informatics with professionalism.
- Apply the knowledge of the literature in the Athletic Training discipline.