M.S. in Athletic Training Admissions Requirements
- Graduate from a regionally accredited four-year institution
- Completion of all prerequisite courses
- Minimum of a 2.75 cumulative GPA on a 4.0
- Completion of ATCAS application
- Completion of an on-campus or virtual interview & campus tour.
- Acceptance into Liberty University’s Graduate School
Liberty University’s Athletic Training Program is a competitive and selective program. Thus, not every student that applies will be admitted into the ATP. Students interested in pursuing a master’s degree in Athletic Training at Liberty University will complete their application through Athletic Training Centralized Application System (ATCAS). The Athletic Training Program Admission Committee will meet to review the applications and determine who is eligible for acceptance. Upon acceptance through ATCAS, students are required to complete additional paperwork/trainings to complete the admissions process. The additional paperwork/trainings include the following:
All of the above paperwork/trainings must be completed by June 1, except for the Background Checks which are due by July 1.
Prerequisite Courses & Requirements
Students must complete the following prerequisite courses prior to acceptance:
- Anatomy & Physiology I & Lab – (Liberty University Course: BIOL 213 & 214)
- Anatomy & Physiology II & Lab – (Liberty University Course: BIOL 215 & 216)
- General Biology – (Liberty University Course: BIOL 224)
- General Chemistry & Lab – (Liberty University Course: CHEM 121 & 121L)
- General Physics & Lab – (Liberty University Course: PHYS 201 & 201L)
- Biomechanics – (Liberty University Course: EXSC 350)
- Exercise Physiology – (Liberty University Course: EXSC 310)
- Medical Terminology – (Liberty University Course: ATTR 205)
- Nutrition – (Liberty University Course: HLTH 333)
- General Psychology – (Liberty University Course: PSYC 101)
- Statistics – (Liberty University Course: MATH 201)
Transfer of Credit Policy
It is not customary for transfer credits to be accepted in the Athletic Training Program. Liberty University’s Athletic Training Program will consider transfer credits for only two courses: Cadaver Anatomy; Bracing, Taping & Wrapping. Transfer credit requests will be considered on an individual basis. Students must provide a copy of the course syllabi to the program director before approval will be considered.
Admissions Special Considerations
Liberty University’s Athletic Training Program recognizes extenuating circumstances occur in life. Thus if you do not meet all of the admission requirements listed above to extenuating circumstances but would like to be considered for acceptance you can appeal to the admissions committee in writing. The appeal must be a detailed explanation of your situation.