John Coots, EdD, LAT, ATC
Clinical Coordinator, Athletic Training Program
Associate Professor of Health Sciences
- Ed.D., Liberty University
- Ed.S., Liberty University
- M.Ed., Frostburg State University
- B.S., Houghton College
Dr. John Coots serves as an Associate Professor/Clinical Coordinator for Athletic Training Program at Liberty University. He began his career as an Interim Assistant Professor/Assistant Athletic Trainer at Houghton College. He worked as an ATC/Teacher for Nelson County Public Schools for 16 years.
Dr. Coots enjoys mentoring students to gain the content/clinical skills required to pass the BOC Exam and to provide the highest quality of healthcare.
- ATTR 205 Musculoskeletal Terminology and Clinical Documentation.
- ATTR 210 Principles of Athletic Training.
- ATTR 211 Principles of Athletic Training Laboratory
- ATTR 221 Clinical Education I
- ATTR 225 Clinical Kinesiology
- ATTR 226 Clinical Kinesiology Laboratory
- ATTR 300 Lower Extremity Injury Evaluation
- ATTR 301 Lower Extremity Injury Evaluation Laboratory
- ATTR 302 Upper Extremity Injury Evaluation
- ATTR 303 Upper Extremity Injury Evaluation Laboratory
- ATTR 305 Emergency Care in Athletic Training
- ATTR 306 Emergency Care in Athletic Training Laboratory
- ATTR 310 Therapeutic Modalities in Athletic Training
- ATTR 311 Therapeutic Modalities in Athletic Training Laboratory
- ATTR 321 Clinical Education III
- ATTR 410 Administrative Aspects of Athletic Training
- ATTR 415 Leadership and Clinical Interactions in Athletic Training
- ATTR 421 Clinical Education V
- Member of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association, Mid-Atlantic Athletic Trainers’ Association, Virginia Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Athletic Training Education Programs & Development
- Athletic Training Clinical Education Experiences Student Competencies/Athletic Training Clinical Preceptor Development & Engagement (Mentorship & Leadership)
- Self-Efficacy and Course Engagement of Athletic Training Students
- Leadership and Administration in Athletic Training
- Emergency Care in Athletic Training