Provost’s Award for Research Excellence (P.A.R.E.)
The Provost’s Award for Research Excellence (P.A.R.E.) encourages gifted Liberty University students to prepare for advanced research and scholarship in all fields of study. The P.A.R.E. funds domestic and international research programs and is available to qualified residential and online undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral-level students.
Types of Awards
- Academic: a research study using a qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, historical, analytical, comparative, or interpretive research design
- Creative and Performing Arts: a strong, feasible, and compelling creative project
- Foreign language study at a domestic or foreign institute
The P.A.R.E. will be awarded to a maximum of five recipients per year (three undergraduate and two graduate students). Undergraduate students must be sophomores or juniors. Graduate and doctoral students must demonstrate completion of one research course or related course in their degree program.
Awards will be granted for projects completed domestically or internationally. Projects in the continental United States will be awarded up to $2,000. Projects outside the continental United States will be awarded up to $4,500.
- Nov. 30, 2018 – Application opens
- Jan. 30, 2019 – Applications due
- Feb. 22, 2019 – Award recipients notified
- Mar. 31, 2019 – Application to Liberty Institutional Review Board (if research involves human subjects)
- May 1-Aug. 15, 2019 – Disbursement of funds and execution of proposed research
- Oct. 30, 2019 – Final report of research outcomes due
For more information on the Provost’s Award for Research Excellence, contact Edna Udobong at email@example.com.