A.A. in Government
Prepare for a government career in just two years with an Associate of Arts in Government from the Helms School of Government. Gain a clear understanding of the issues, interest, and institutions of American politics, and study the ongoing struggle between liberalism and conservatism.
Understand the role of worldview in public policy as well as the role of civil government versus the role of the market.
Our two-year program combines government and general education courses from our bachelor’s degree to give you the foundation you need to better understand government and the way it operates. If you would like to further your education after graduating, you can request to transfer your courses to one of Liberty’s bachelor’s degree programs.
Learn How To
- Evaluate the nature and role of government from a biblical worldview
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the discipline of government
- Exhibit basic analytical skills and the ability to communicate ideas in written format
- 64 credit hours
Courses You’ll Take
- Constitutional Government and Free Enterprise (GOVT 200)
- American Government (GOVT 220)
- Political Economy and Public Policy (GOVT 350)
Program of Study (DCP)
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements