CAEP Annual Reporting Measures
Annual Reporting Measures
Based upon recent alumni and employer surveys from graduates in our initial and advanced licensure programs, as well as from institutional and national data, the following annual reporting measures provide a snapshot of School of Education program impact and outcomes from the 2018-19 academic year.
Impact Measures (CAEP Standard 4)
Measure 1: Impact on P-12 Learning and Development (Component 4.1)
- Program completers received a 5.6 out of 6 from employers on their preparation for assigned responsibilities when working with P-12 students.
Measure 2: Indicators of Teaching Effectiveness (Component 4.2)
- Employers ranked program completers with a 5.3 out of 6 on classroom management.
- Employers ranked program completers with a 5.5 out of 6 on content knowledge.
- Employers ranked program completers with a 5.4 out of 6 on instructional practice.
- Employers ranked program completers with a 5.6 out of 6 on professional responsibility.
Measure 3: Satisfaction of Employers and Employment Milestones (Component 4.3 | A.4.1)
- 50% of program completers reported their Liberty University degree resulted in a raise or promotion.
- Employers reported a 5.5 out of 6 on their satisfaction of program completers’ employment retention.
- Employers reported a 5.6 out of 6 on their likelihood of contacting Liberty University’s School of Education for hiring needs.
- Employers reported 5.5 out of 6 on recommending program completers for employment milestones, such as promotions.
- Employers reported a 5.6 out of 6 on advanced program completers’ (School Counseling, Reading Specialist, Math Specialist, Administration and Supervision) proficiencies to understand and apply knowledge and skills appropriate to their field.
Measure 4: Satisfaction of Completers (Component 4.4 | A.4.2)
- 95% of program completers agreed that their education program was relevant to their responsibilities as an educator.
- 89% of program completers agreed that their education program was effective in preparing them for their responsibilities as an educator.
Measure 5: Graduation Rates
Enrollment (includes completers)
- Initial – 462
- Advanced 353
- Initial – 622
- Advanced – 488
- Initial – 509
- Advanced – 361
- Initial – 443
- Advanced – 244
Measure 6: Ability of Completers to meet Licensing and any Additional State Requirements
- All Liberty University program completers are eligible for a Virginia state licensure (initial and advanced).
- Title II Reports
- Program completers seeking initial licensure are required to pass several exams and complete state-mandated requirements which include the following:
- Praxis Core Math
- Praxis Subject Assessment
- RVE (Reading for Virginia Educators) – Elementary PK-6 and Special Education candidates only
- VCLA (Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment)
- State-mandated Requirements
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- VA State and Local Civic Education Module – Required for Elementary PK-6 or Middle and/or Secondary Social Science endorsement candidates only
- Industry Certification Credential – Required for Business Education and Family and Consumer Sciences candidates only
- Program completed seeking advanced licensure are required to pass specific exams which may include the following:
- Praxis Subject Assessment – Math Specialist candidates only
- RVE (Reading for Virginia Educators) – Reading Specialist candidates only
- SLLA (School Leaders Licensure Assessment) – School Administration candidates only
- Professional School Counselor test – School Counselor candidates only
- In 2018-19, 397 licensure applications were processed for over 36 states and 3 countries outside of the US.
Measure 7: Ability of Completers to be Hired in Education Positions for which they were Prepared
- 94% of program completers stated their current position was related to their education degree received from Liberty University.
Measure 8: Student Loan Default Rates and other Consumer Information
- FY2016 National Average: 10.1%
- Initial Licensure: 3.63%
- Advanced Licensure: 4.72%
- All Licensure Programs: 3.87%
- Consumer Information
The alumni survey received a 13% response rate, and the employer survey received a 47% response rate.