Ph.D. in Advanced Educational Studies: Curriculum & Instruction, Non-Licensure
With insight into the needs of teachers in the field, scholars in education bear the responsibility of pursuing new techniques and knowledge to help students learn and grow. As leaders in the field of education, these experts assume a role in shaping the future direction of policies, goals, and objectives within an educational setting, whether it be in K-12, business, or government. Liberty’s 100% online PhD in Advanced Educational Studies can help you build on your practice-focused Ed.D. studies to become a leader in scholarship as well.
Applicants must submit an official transcript indicating conferred of a Doctor of Education or conferred Doctor of Philosophy in Education degree program from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- A conferred Doctor of Education or Doctor of Philosophy in Education
- Degree Completion Plan and Course Guides
- All non-dissertation coursework must be completed before starting EDUC 980.
- Starting with EDUC 980, candidates must continuously enroll in dissertation coursework until the final defense. Candidates who break enrollment will be required to re-apply.
- Candidates must defend the dissertation proposal within the first three attempts of EDUC 988. Candidates must defend the dissertation within six attempts of EDUC 989.
- 3.0 GPA
Framework and Dispositions
The mission of the School of Education at Liberty University is to develop competent professionals with a biblical worldview for Christian, public, and private schools. The faculty of the School of Education has delineated the dispositions that must be observable in each candidate of our programs at all levels:
- Displays a sense of social responsibility
- Demonstrates commitment/work ethic
- Demonstrates reflective practice
- Displays personal integrity
- Displays professionalism
View the doctoral transfer policies here. Dissertation courses are not eligible to be transferred.
Handbooks and Forms
This program does not lead to state licensure or certification. Candidates in this program are not eligible to pursue a student teaching or internship semester.