Michelle Goodwin, Ed.D.
Associate Dean, School of Education
- Ed.D., University of Virginia
- M.Ed., University of Virginia
- B.S., Liberty University
- EDUC 225
- EDUC 696
- EDUC 735
- Kappa Delta Pi
Dr. Goodwin serves as an Assistant Dean in the School of Education at Liberty University; she specifically works with candidates who are enrolled in licensure programs studying to become teachers, reading or math specialists, or school administrators. She began her education career in the Tidewater area teaching in Newport News Public Schools and then moved to Central VA to teach in Lynchburg City Schools. After teaching in various elementary classrooms, Dr. Goodwin then transitioned to an instructor position at LU training future educators. Later, she moved into an Assistant Dean position where she currently enjoys collaborating with faculty, staff, candidates, and the community to pursue excellence in our education programs that will prepare competent individuals with a Biblical world view who will effectively lead the schools and classrooms of the future.
- McMillian, A., & Goodwin, M. (2011). Student perception of professional education organizations. The Teacher Educators’ Journal: A Journal of the Association of Teacher Educators Virginia, 18, 41-59.
- Goodwin, M. (2007). Tips to start the new year. New Teacher Advocate, Fall 2007, 4-5.
- Goodwin, M. (2005). Perceptions of exemplary teachers in urban schools. 2005 Mid-Atlantic Conference on the Scholarship of Diversity hosted by Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Retrieved June 16, 2005 from http://www.multicultural.vt.edu/conference_05 .
- Goodwin, M. (2004). Perceptions of exemplary teachers in urban schools. Dissertation, University of Virginia.
- Goodwin, M., & Arnold, M. (2018, June). The edTPA journey: A map for training teacher candidates and faculty members. Presented at the Watermark Engage 2018 Conference. Austin, TX.
- Goodwin, M. & Arnold, M. (2017, October). Destination Student Teaching: You’re invited! Presented at the Kappa Delta Pi National Convocation. Pittsburgh, PA.
- Goodwin, M. & Arnold, M. (2017, July). Using Livetext to track student success: A gate system that works. Presented at the 2017 Assessment and Collaboration Conference. Chicago, IL.
- Goodwin, M. (2017, March). Development of an urban education initiative to equip teacher candidates for careers in urban schools. Presented at the VACTE and ATE-VA Spring Conference. Williamsburg, VA.
- Goodwin, M., Arnold, M. Keith, D & Maddox, A. (2016, October). The HARD Knocks of a SOFTware Field Placement and Assessment System. Presented at NSSA (National Social Science Association) Conference. St. Louis, MO.
- Instructional Strategies
- Urban Education
- Teacher Preparation
- Teacher Effectiveness