Ph.D. in Education: Educational Law
The Ph.D. in Education Educational Law available through Liberty University Online is a sixty-hour program designed to prepare competent researchers and effective leaders with a biblical worldview to assume roles in shaping the future direction of the policies, goals, and objectives of an education system whether it be in the college and university, business, or government setting.
Since understanding education law and policy will help you develop better teaching and learning environments, Liberty’s educational law focus will develop your knowledge of important legal policies and theories. Through Liberty’s Ph.D. in Education, you can gain the confidence you need to lead educational organizations and help improve our education system.
The education research you will develop during your academic and dissertation studies will benefit your fellow educators and build new bodies of knowledge. Through academic research excellence and a thorough understanding of education law, you will be equipped to help schools, teachers, and governments make the education system work better for students.
Framework and Dispositions
The mission of the School of Education at Liberty University is to develop competent professionals with a biblical worldview for Christian, public, and private schools. The faculty of the School of Education has delineated the dispositions that must be observable in each candidate of our programs at all levels:
- Displays a sense of social responsibility
- Demonstrates commitment/work ethic
- Demonstrates reflective practice
- Displays personal integrity
- Displays professionalism
- 3.0 GPA
- Field Experiences: EDUC 817
- Elective courses may also require field experiences.
- All non-dissertation coursework must be completed before starting EDUC 980.
- Candidates must defend the dissertation proposal within the first three attempts of EDUC 988. Candidates must defend the dissertation within six attempts of EDUC 989.
- Starting with EDUC 980, candidates must continuously enroll in dissertation coursework until the final defense. Candidates who break enrollment will be required to re-apply.
Degree Completion Plan & Course Sequencing Guide
View the doctoral transfer policies here. Dissertation courses are not eligible to be transferred.
Handbooks and Forms
This program does not lead to state licensure or certification. Candidates in this program are not eligible to pursue a student teaching or internship semester.