B.S. in Digital Media Degree: Video
Strategically prepare for a successful career in video with a degree in digital media from Liberty University. With your Bachelor of Science in Digital Media: Video concentration, you’ll gain the skills you need in producing, directing, and editing both feature stories and news programs.
Get practical experience in digital program development, production technique, and understand the theory and practice of editing and post-production for long and short-form video and web products.
Learn from expert and award-winning faculty who have work experience in the field and who are firm in their Christian faith.
Digital media students work closely with the Liberty Flames Sports Network (LFSN) and Liberty University’s Club Sports hockey games are streamed live using a full student crew. Students participate in the production of approximately 1,700 events annually, including 250 sporting events.
Gain exposure to industry professionals and the technology they use through events like the Sony NAB Student Experience, which is held annually at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) conference.
Careers You Could Have
- Assistant director
- News Director
- Studio camera operator
- Multimedia Journalist
- Documentary videographer
- Church videography
- Single camera operator – film style videographer
- Sports camera operator
- One-Man-Band Reporter
Learn How To
- Utilize current digital media equipment to capture broadcast quality footage
- Practice the fundamentals of visual and auditory storytelling
- Create a show concept from research and development to proposal
- Write and prepare news copy and packages for TV broadcast
- 120 credit hours
Program of Study (DCP)
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
- Writing for Visual Media (DIGI 240)
- The Digital Media Producer & Director (DIGI 310)
- Editing Theory (DIGI 350)
- Studio Production (DIGI 370)
- TV News Production (DIGI 343)
Where Students Have Interned
- Washington Redskins
- Washington Examiner
- U.S. Department of Education
- A&E Networks
Where Alumni Have Worked
- Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN)
- Leftfield Productions
- KHQA-Sinclair Broadcasting Group—Quincy, Ill.
- WHVS—Harrisonburg, VA
- NBC 12 CW—Richmond, VA
- Hickory Daily Record—Winston Salem/Greensboro
- Stage Sound