Become Influential in Your Worship Ministry with Liberty’s B.S. in Music and Worship
Your passion for music and desire to serve the Lord can lead to an exciting career worth pursuing. Whether you feel called to lead worship in a church or become the director of worship programming for a non-profit, Christian organization, we can help. Our B.S. in Music and Worship with a biblical studies focus can propel your ministry further.
Focusing your degree on biblical studies is a great way to learn how to interpret, apply, and present biblical passages. Imagine standing in front of your congregation, piano music fading behind you. Before you lead into the next song, you confidently deliver a passage of Scripture that puts a spotlight on the awesomeness of our God. Make that picture a reality by studying the Bible in a worship context with us!
Our vision centers on Training Champions for Christ. We want to help raise up leaders like you in every sphere of influence, including religion and media. In fact, some of our students have gone on to become published, award-winning Christian artists. Our award-winning facilities and prestigious faculty can help you make a lasting impact on today’s culture.
Why Choose Liberty’s Music and Worship – Biblical Studies Degree?
Your worship ministry is important to us. Thanks to our incredible faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and dedicated students, we believe we have the best Christian music and worship degrees out there! Choosing Liberty means partnering with our successful School of Music so you can do more with your ministry.
Award-Winning Facilities and Prestigious Programs
By pursuing your music degree on campus, you will have incredible resources at your disposal.
- Our music and worship students use state-of-the-art training rooms and equipment in our 141,000-square-foot School of Music building.
- We are a designated “All-Steinway” school.
- Rank #1 Christian music school by Christian Universities Online.
- Worship Leader Magazine has voted our Center for Worship “Best of the Best in Higher Education” for six years in a row.
We know earning an accredited degree is important to you. Our music programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Choosing Liberty means choosing quality academics and musical training you can be confident about.
Successful Faculty Foster Student Success
Not only will you be studying at one of the largest music schools in the nation, but you will also receive hands-on training from experienced industry professionals. Gain access to 45 full-time faculty members who hold degrees from some of the most prestigious music schools in the country. Work hand-in-hand as you use professional recording studios and our Liberty Music Group (LMG) professional publishing label.
All of the coursework taught by your professors is market-driven. Your classes will focus on developing skills vital to the current industry. Because of this, we have seen an 80% job placement rate for our undergraduate students, and some of our alumni have gone on to become award-winning Christian artists and songwriters!
What Will You Learn in Our Biblical Studies Focused Music and Worship Degree?
Biblical Studies Concentration
Pursuing a biblical studies focus in our B.S. in Music and Worship can help you become more specialized in your career field as you the Old and New Testaments in order to prepare you for a more holistic approach to biblical interpretation and application to your worship ministry. Learn how to conduct inductive and expositional studies of various passages so that you can present messages that accompany your worship and music.
Music and Worship Core Courses
Our music and worship curriculum provides the training and experience you’ll need to be successful in your field. Our general music and worship courses focus on cultivating your worship teaching and training, team management and discipleship, worship evangelism, marketing, technology, drama, and music skills! You will also complete ensemble courses, practicums, and internships, which allow you to put your talent to the test in real-world worship settings.
Review the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
BIBL 324 – Pastoral Epistles and Leadership Development
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- An expositional study of I Timothy, II Timothy, and Titus with emphasis on themes pertaining to the local church.
- Attention given to current issues, which relate to selected controversial passages.
BIBL 350 – Inductive Bible Study
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- An introduction to the basic steps and tools involved in the inductive study of the Bible.
- The student will develop the skills to practice a methodical approach to the observation, interpretation, application, and correlation to Scripture.
MUSC 105 – Harmonic Practices and Theory I
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- A practical introduction to harmonic, melodic, and rhythmic principles of music
- Musical elements including key signatures, scales, intervals, chords, chord construction, and chord progression, which are the foundation for harmonic analysis of traditional, contemporary Christian, popular, and jazz music
- The Nashville number system and jazz harmony practices as accepted methodology for music analysis
MUSC 107 – Musicianship I
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Listening skills are developed through rhythmic, harmonic, and melodic dictation
- Refined skills through daily sight singing and rhythm exercises from a variety of styles
- Special attention is given to tonal center referencing, which is the ability to identify harmonic rhythm while listening to a variety of musical styles
Highlights of Our Music and Worship – Biblical Studies Degree
- Access to 45 full-time faculty members with degrees from some of the most prestigious music schools in the nation.
- Our music programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Our Center for Music and Performance is housed in a 141,000-square-foot building.
- Our Center for Worship has been voted “Best of the Best in Higher Education” six years in a row by Worship Leader Magazine.
- We are designated an “All-Steinway” school.
- We have been rated the #1 Christian music school by Christian Universities Online.
- Liberty Music Group (LMG) is our very own on-campus recording studio and professional music publishing and recording company.
- Our alumni have gone on to become Dove-award winning Christian artists and songwriters.
- All coursework is market-driven and focuses on developing your skills for the current industry.
- Our undergraduate students have an 80% job placement rate.
Music and Worship – Biblical Studies Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Music and Worship – Biblical Studies Graduates
- Associate Director of Worship Programming
- Contemporary Christian Artist
- Director of Worship and Drama
- Director of Worship Conferences
- Music and Worship Evangelist
- Music Minister
- Worship and Missions Director
- Worship Leader or Pastor
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.