Assume the Mantle of Leadership with a Bachelor’s Degree in Government
Does the thought of being a catalyst for positive change and growth in our government excite you? If you have ever wished to be involved in making decisions and affecting the future of our country, then a bachelor’s degree in government might be for you. You will learn first-hand the processes and functions of government and will have the opportunity to put your knowledge to use.
Additionally, you will receive an overview of how Judeo-Christian principles help to shape the government we have today. You will be taught by professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and ready to share their experience and knowledge of the major schools of political science and the various processes related to how government functions. This field has a close relationship with history, economics, and various other disciplines that will be strengthened as you continue your studies.
Available Government Bachelor’s Degrees
By choosing a Bachelor of Arts in Government, you will have the opportunity to earn a degree with a liberal arts focus. You’ll learn a foreign language to help you excel as a standout candidate for job opportunities in your field and better prepare you for future graduate studies.
Choose from the following specializations:
Earning your Bachelor of Science in Government will prepare you to step into your desired career field upon graduation. Additionally, you’ll have more elective courses available, allowing you to choose specific classes that match your interests and vocational goals.
Choose from the following specializations:
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s Top 5 college campuses in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Government?
Our campus in scenic Lynchburg, Va., has many great facilities and extracurricular activities to take part in, but the real focus is our amazing programs in the Helms School of Government. Our experienced professors have real-world experience working for the White House, government organizations, and offices of elected officials.
Liberty University has a close relationship, both in distance and contacts, with Washington, D.C. There are many opportunities to intern with the very agencies you might be hoping to work for someday. Our Washington Fellowship and government internship offer juniors and seniors, who are majoring in government and haven’t met other requirements, the opportunity to spend a semester as an intern with an approved organization in their respective disciplines.
If you major in government, you have the opportunity to join the only honor society for college and university government students in the United States. Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society, is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies.
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s in Government Degree
- There are many opportunities to intern with organizations and agencies related to your degree thanks to the special relationships Liberty has and Washington, D.C. being just four hours away from campus.
- Join the only honor society for college and university government students in the United States. Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society, is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies.
- Our Center for American Statesmanship is a one-stop resource providing education and training in effective citizenship, constitutional rights, foundational worldview ideas, and influential modern political involvement.
- Many of our students go on to work in government and continue to get their graduate degree with Liberty University’s Online Programs or residentially by pursuing the Master of Arts in Public Policy.
Government Bachelor’s Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Bachelor’s in Government Graduates
- Chamber of Commerce manager
- City manager
- Community organizer
- Emergency manager
- Homeland security analyst
- Intelligence analyst
- Legislative Analyst
- Military officer
- National security analyst
- National security consultant
- Political consultant
- Political scientist
- Public administrator
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- Results from the CLT, SAT, or ACT are not required for admission, but may be used in consideration for merit-based aid.
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.