Spark Your Creativity for a Career Centered on Strategic Innovation with Liberty!
Ready to take your career goals to the next level? Train for esteemed industry positions like advertising director, chief marketing officer, web strategies specialist, or director of customer relations. At Liberty, our master’s degree will expertly equip you for any of these roles.
Our Master of Arts in Strategic Communication is designed with you in mind. Because we focus our curriculum on current technology, trends, and best practices, you can be confident your degree will provide the industry skills employers are looking for.
Learn how to create impactful campaigns and events centered on consistent branding. Develop a strong ability to produce content that tells a story and truly connects with your target audience. Today’s consumers have more power than ever, so catering to their interests and behaviors is vital to your success in the communications field.
Take the next step toward a career like no other. The possibilities within this growing industry are limitless, so partner with us at Liberty as we prepare you for all specialized areas. Develop your advertising and public relations skills with peers and professors who are just as passionate about the field as you are!
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Arts in Strategic Communication Degree?
At Liberty, our degrees consist of more than lectures and final exams. In our master’s in strategic communication degree, you will be trained by savvy and award-winning faculty who have years of industry experience. They are excited to mentor and pray for you throughout your academic journey with us.
Learn hands-on with peers and professors alike using top of the line industry resources like Adobe Creative Suite. Create content, campaigns, and events that can be used by real clients. All of these projects together create an impressive professional résumé you can show off to future employers. Earn your degree and accumulate industry experience all at the same time.
Our alumni have gone on to work with prestigious organizations like Genworth, Amazon Web Services, Kate Spade, and the Wounded Warrior Project. Earning a master’s in strategic communication prepares you for exciting roles in advertising, marketing, web strategy, creative services, and customer relations. Use the networks we have through our faculty, students, and alumni to land your dream job in any of these fields.
What Will You Learn in Our M.A. in Strategic Communication Degree?
Learn how to grow an organization and earn a reputation for obtaining results! Liberty’s Master of Arts in Strategic Communication will help you build effective mobile and online communication plans while incorporating our biblical worldview to provide ethical guidelines in all your professional endeavors.
Within your strategic communication courses, you will create strategic marketing campaigns featuring video and digital content approaches that stand out in the current marketplace. Learn how to target campaigns to specific audiences and increase your return on investment.
You’ll focus on effective storytelling principles to help you create strategic marketing campaigns using video and digital content. Your professors will provide guidance on how to develop and manage social media and web strategies from creation to implementation to the final product.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
STCO 532 – Media Technologies and Communication Strategies
Here’s what you’ll learn: established and emerging media technologies used by various organizations in communicating specific messages to diverse audiences.
STCO 533 – Video, Social and Mobile Promotion
Here’s what you’ll learn: the creation and use of disruptive video-intensive social and mobile integrated marketing strategies.
STCO 562 – Using Emerging Trends in Strategic Communication
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The ability to grow organizations through online market-making and strategy
- Hands-on experience with radical new digital and interactive tools for achieving relationships and spreading ideas
STCO 622 – Strategic Organization Communication
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Analysis of theories and practices that assist individuals in success in organizations
- The ability to add value to employing organizations and enhance individual careers
Highlights of Our Strategic Communication Master’s Degree
Our Master of Arts in Strategic Communication degree is a part of the School of Communication and Digital Content. As a student of this department, you will receive the following benefits:
- A curriculum focused on experiential and hands-on learning
- Training with over $1 million in state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- The development of your professional portfolio while working in our radio and television studios, an on-campus sports network, client promotional projects, and our student-run public relations firm and school newspaper
- A career-focused degree with instructors who have both academic and professional credentials, and many of them working in their field as they teach
- An education from a nonprofit, Christian university, whose aim is to help raise the next generation of media professionals with personal integrity and unshakable ethics grounded in the Christian faith
Master of Arts in Strategic Communication Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Strategic Communication Master’s Degree Graduates
- Advertising director
- Business manager
- Chief marketing officer
- Creative services director
- Director of customer relationships
- Web strategies specialist
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Self-certification form for students in the final term of their bachelor’s degree
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a graduation application through their ASIST account
- Official college transcripts
- A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.5 GPA for admission in good standing