The sponsor of this contest is Liberty University, located at 1971 University Boulevard, Lynchburg, Virginia 24515 (“Sponsor”).
- Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the contest.
- Sponsor may be reached by email at CFAW@liberty.edu during the contest period.
This contest begins on February 18, 2021, at 8 a.m. ET and ends on February 20, 2021, at 3 p.m. ET.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Limit one (1) entry per person.
- Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the contest.
- By participating in the contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
How to Enter
Once you place your Enrollment Deposit, you are eligible to enter by telling us how a scholarship to Liberty will help you change the world for Christ in 50-280 characters. Contest entry will be live during each CFAW event until 3 p.m. on February 20, 2021. Be creative and concise; the winner will be announced Saturday evening. For the November event, enter the contest by taking our survey starting at 8 a.m. on February 18, 2021, until 3 p.m. on February 20, 2021. The survey link will not go live until February 18, 2021, at 8 a.m. EST.
All persons must meet all of the following qualifications to enter the contest:
- Must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Must be at least thirteen (13) years of age or older.
- Must be a high school junior or senior, recent high school graduate, or transfer student.
- Must be an applicant to Liberty University.
- Must have submitted the Enrollment Deposit.
- You must attend CFAW and be present to win.
- Must be interested in enrolling full-time in an undergraduate residential program.
Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below.
This event is governed by the laws of Virginia and is only open to persons who are in the Commonwealth of Virginia during their participation. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and/or enforceability of these official rules shall be governed by the law of Virginia.
Four (4) winners will receive the following: One (1) Liberty University residential tuition scholarship with a value of $1,000.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted by winner.
- The prize must be used by the winner to pay for educational expenses related to the winner’s attendance in Liberty University’s residential program during any term of the winner’s choice between Fall 2021 – Spring 2023.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason.
- Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded.
- Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply.
- This contest is open to legal residents of the United States and prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations.
- All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
The winner(s) of the contest will be evaluated according to the Official Grading Rubric and selected from among all eligible entries received throughout the contest period. The winner will be evaluated and selected on Saturday, February 20, 2021, by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final.
Winners will be notified by phone during the February 18 – 20, 2021 CFAW event.
- Winner(s) must be physically present on Liberty University’s campus in Lynchburg, Virginia on Saturday, February 20, 2021, in order to claim and receive the prize.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive phone number(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor their phone(s). Any winner notification by phone that is not answered may result in prize forfeiture.
- No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
Right to Use Winner’s Name, Likeness, and Biographical Information
Except where prohibited by law, by entering the contest and accepting the prize, the winner(s) grants to Sponsor, Liberty University, their respective affiliates, successors and assigns, and others that Sponsor may designate from time to time, the unconditional right, license and permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, and biographical information worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, on a royalty-free basis, without further compensation or right of approval, in order to publicize the contest and for any other promotional, advertising, publicity, or trade purpose.
Limitation of Liability
Neither Sponsor or its contest entities assume responsibility for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions;
- Any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this contest;
- Any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the contest;
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof;
- Suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or
- Any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the contest or download of any materials in the contest.
If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest in whole or in part.
In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and released parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the contest.
Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri.
Call | 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Chat | 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
Call | 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Chat | 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Call/Chat | 10 a.m.-6 p.m.