Train for Technical Excellence with Liberty’s CASAS Associate Degree
Are you ready for an exciting hands-on career in your dream trade? Let us help! Whether you are looking to become a certified HVAC technician, plumber, carpenter, or even a welder, we have an associate degree that will help make your career goals a reality.
We partner with Virginia Technical Institute (VTI), located just 30 minutes from Liberty’s campus so that our College of Applied Studies and Academic Success (CASAS) students have the best industry equipment to practice their skill on. We provide students with transportation to VTI, so you have one less thing to worry about.
Additionally, since you will take general education courses on our campus, you will walk away not only certified in your trade but with an associate degree as well. This provides you with more career opportunities and 65 credits to put towards a bachelor’s degree!
Partner your technical passions with Liberty’s associate degree focusing on proper trade training. It’s time to advance your career and prepare for a successful tomorrow.
Available CASAS Degree Program
Technical Studies (AAS)
Our Associate of Applied Science in Technical Studies will provide you with technical coursework and general education courses to prepare you for trade work as a carpenter, electrician, HVAC technician, plumber, or welder.
View the Degree Completion Plan to see what type of courses you will study in the program!
Why Choose Liberty’s CASAS Associate Degrees?
Earn an associate degree from a school that wants to take your skills further! We are excited to offer programs that will equip you for your specific career goals. If you are looking to work in fields like carpentry, HVAC, and plumbing, let us come alongside you to provide the tools you need to succeed.
Some of the features and benefits of pursuing one of our CASAS associate degrees include:
- Transportation provided to Virginia Technical Institute’s (VTI) state of the art training facilities so you can complete your trade specific courses. All your general education requirements can be completed on Liberty’s campus!
- Specific credentials for students completing our trade and craft courses, including OSHA 10 and the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- Minors that prepare you for your specific career path! You can choose carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, or welding.
- Courses focused on skill development needed to be a craft worker or technician in today’s construction industry.
- Courses that teach you vital on the job safety and first aid procedures.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.
CASAS Associate Degree Information
- Residential format
- Total credit hours: 65
- Transfer in up to 50% of your major-specific credits and 75% of your total degree
- Check out our course catalog