Develop Media Strategies and Increase Positive Publicity with Liberty’s MBA in Public Relations
What does a career in public relations look like? With Liberty’s MBA in Public Relations, you can partner your strong communications skills with your passion for mediums like radio, newspaper, and social media. If you have ever considered a career in public appearance and relationship management, Liberty’s Master of Business Administration in PR is the program you need to get started.
Our MBA in public relations focuses on developing effective communication strategies and campaigns for any field. Whether you are looking to work in a private PR firm or want to become a press secretary for a major political candidate, our MBA in public relations will equip you for career success with confidence and integrity.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Public Relations Degree?
At Liberty, we have expert faculty that teaches from years of industry experience in our 78,000-square-foot School of Business. Pursue your MBA from a school that meets all your academic and lifestyle needs.
Our School of Business will provide you with a variety of resources and career growth opportunities. Benefits you will receive from our program include:
- An average of 40 guest speakers brought into the School of Business classrooms each year.
- Professors that spend time mentoring and praying for their students by name.
- A free HandShake networking platform account so you can connect with employers from around the globe.
Choose a program that is known for getting results:
- 95% of residential faculty have terminal degrees and industry experience
- Our graduates work in all Fortune 100 companies
- 80% of our MBA graduates work in a career related to their field of study
- Liberty grads work for companies like Apple, Google, and Ernst & Young
What Will You Learn in Our MBA in Public Relations Degree?
Prepare with confidence for the fast-paced world of public relations. Learn how to best use each for effective communication strategies in a world buzzing with media noise!
Studies in crisis communication skills will teach you how to resolve conflicts in interpersonal, group, organizational, and even societal contexts. This skillset will be vital to your ability to communicate well during a time of crisis or negative press for your organization.
You will also study vital business concepts in marketing, finance, business law, market research, organizational design, global economics, human resources, and operations management. With a variety of advanced business skills, you will have the flexibility to conquer ever-changing challenges in the business field.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information.
BUSI 570 – Ethical Leadership
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course focuses on ethical issues and dilemmas faced by leaders.
- Definitions of ethical leadership are reviewed as they related to values and culture.
- The theory and practice of ethical leadership are evaluated as it pertains to a biblical worldview.
STCO 532 – Media Technologies and Communication Strategies
This course examines established and emerging media technologies used by various organizations in communicating specific messages to diverse audiences.
COMS 560 – Communication and Conflict
Analysis of theories and research of the role of communication in conflict in interpersonal, group, organizational, and societal contexts.
STCO 658 – Strategic Communication Campaigns for the Digital Age
An exploration of the use of integrated marketing communication for strategic movement of organizations, products, and services toward growth.
Highlights of Our Master of Business Administration – Public Relations Degree
- We tailor our graduate business degrees for the working professions. Take evening classes, one-week intensives, and online courses to make your degree better fit your busy schedule.
- Our MBA degrees are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Our 78,000-square-foot School of Business provides you with:
- Get involved with our business-related student organizations and honor societies.
- 3+1 Accelerated Business Program, so you can get your bachelor’s and master’s in just four years.
MBA in Public Relations Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Public Relations MBA Degree Graduates
- College Instructor
- Community Relations Coordinator
- Corporate Development Associate
- Global Marketing Leader
- International Ministry Worker
- Marketing Researcher
- Pharmaceutical Brand Manager
- Public Relations Officer/Coordinator
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Official bachelor’s degree transcripts with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 15 hours of upper level (300-400 level) undergraduate coursework in business, or our BMAL 590 course with a graduate GPA of 3.0
Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a graduation application through their ASIST account