Be a Defender of Cyberspace with Liberty’s Cyber Security Master’s Program
With Liberty University’s Master of Science in Cyber Security degree, you will take exciting classes that can help provide you with knowledge about advanced defense of computer and network security. This program can help equip you to combat existing threats and bolster systems to withstand future attacks. Our courses cover a wide range of topics, including the analytical framework necessary for the prevention, detection, countering, and recovery from security vulnerabilities and cyber incidents.
Additional items you’ll study include the tools, standards, and practices related to an organization’s cyberspace infrastructure. In 2 years, your goal to become a cybersecurity expert can become a reality with our Master of Science in Cyber Security degree program.
Cybersecurity specialists are the gatekeepers for most of the sensitive information in the world. Our MS in Cyber Security degree program professors are waiting for you to join them as they walk you through the intricacies of digital forensics and teach you methods and the rationale for ethical hacking.
Our cybersecurity master’s program at Liberty University seeks to produce men and women who are committed to the Christian faith and ready to bring their ethical and spiritual standards into the workforce. Whether you are pursuing a position of added responsibility or just getting started, Liberty’s cybersecurity program is a great next step to take in your cybersecurity journey.
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s Top 5 college campuses in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degree in Cyber Security?
Liberty University is one of the largest Christian universities in the world and offers a variety of cybersecurity-related degrees at the bachelor’s and master’s levels. Our primary goal is to develop Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential to positively influence computer science-related industries.
With an exploding market for knowledgeable cybersecurity experts, now is the perfect time to advance your IT career or break into the field.
Since our master’s of cybersecurity is housed within our School of Business, you will have access to our state-of-the-art, 3-story, 78,000-square-foot building on campus that contains the following resources:
- A 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation
- A grand lobby and a 500-seat auditorium
- A simulated stock trading room
- Information technology labs and a networking and data center
- Innovative classrooms and meeting spaces
By pursuing your master’s in cyber security, you can prepare to take the next steps toward your career. Our computer science degree programs are offered through our School of Business, which contains the Center for Cyber Excellence. Plus, Liberty is a member and supporter of the National Cyberwatch Center through participation in the Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (MACCDC).
One of our greatest resources is our professors. With terminal degrees in their field and real-world experience, our talented faculty are ready to invest in you in the form of prayer, mentorship, and partnership through your degree. We believe that by teaching from a Christian worldview and by offering genuine care and support, we fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s Degree in Cyber Security Degree?
Understanding the legal and technical implications of today’s digital age is critical to promoting justice and combating cyberattacks. Liberty’s master’s in cybersecurity can help you understand the language of the digital world through fascinating computer science courses. Each class will emphasize the importance of ethics as you learn to acquire, examine, and interpret digital evidence through cryptography and hacking.
Our master’s in cyber security degree seeks to help make you a valuable defender against cyberattacks through hands-on experience and real-world insight. On campus you can experience our Center for Cyber Excellence, which has a mission of establishing Liberty University as the premier location for cybersecurity study, research, and job placement.
Review the Degree Completion Plan and check out our featured courses below for more information about what you’ll study in our Cyber Security program.
CSCI 511 – Digital Forensics
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Basics of digital forensics, including the technical aspects of evidence gathering for legal testimony
- Usage of digital forensics tools
CSCI 605 – Applied Cryptography
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to implement cryptographic protocols using mainstream cryptographic libraries such as OpenSSI
- Topics in modern cryptography
- CSCI 620 – Issues in Security, Privacy, and Anonymity
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to mitigate security issues including the privacy of data, privacy-preserving data mining, routing security, sensor network security, anonymous routing, and social networking
- Security and privacy issues that arise in the field
CSCI 632 – Ethical Hacking
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to use ethical hacking to strengthen security of systems, including issues in penetration testing like physical security and social engineering
- The how and why of ethical hacking
Highlights of Our Cyber Security Master’s Degree
- You’ll have access to our cybersecurity center that encourages research, service, and the effective application of technology from a Christian worldview.
- Continue your training in this exciting and growing field as you expand on your existing knowledge to learn about the latest advances in computer security.
- You can take part in all that the School of Business building has to offer, including a 2,000-square-foot Center for Entrepreneurship, our Centers for Cyber Excellence and Financial Literacy, information technology labs, and a networking and data center.
- You have the opportunity to pursue a variety of certificates such as Microsoft, SAP, Cisco, and more.
Master’s in Cyber Security Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Cyber Security Degree Graduates
As a graduate of our cyber master’s degree, you can prepare to pursue opportunities to help safeguard secret governmental information or prepare for a career within the private sector. With the computer and information technology field growing at a rate of 13% through 2030,* you can be confident you are receiving a world-class education that can help equip you for the real world. Some careers that you may consider pursuing are:
- Digital forensics analyst
- Information security specialist
- Penetration tester/ethical hacker
- Security engineer
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Computer and Information Technology Occupations (viewed online February 9, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Self-certification form for students in the final term of their bachelor’s degree
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a degree completion application through their ASIST account
- Official college transcripts
- Regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree in one of the following majors with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing:
- Computer programming
- Information systems
- Information systems management
- Information technology
- Management information systems
- Computer science