Be a Defender of Cyberspace with Liberty’s Cyber Security Master’s Program
This program will be available Fall 2020
With Liberty University’s Master of Science in Cyber Security degree, you will be a part of exciting classes that provide you with knowledge about advanced defense of computer and network security. This will equip you to combat existing threats and bolster systems to withstand future attacks. You’ll learn the analytical framework necessary for prevention, detection, countering, and recovery from security vulnerabilities and cyber incidents throughout our master’s courses in cybersecurity.
Additional items you’ll study include the tools, standards, and practices related to an organization’s cyberspace infrastructure. In less than 2 years, your goal to become a cybersecurity expert can become a reality with our Master of Science in Cyber Security degree program.
Cybersecurity specialists are the gatekeepers for most of the sensitive information in the world. Our experienced cybersecurity degree program professors are waiting for you to join them as they walk you through the intricacies of digital forensics and teach you methods and rationale for ethical hacking.
Our cybersecurity programs at Liberty University aim to produce men and women who are committed to their Christian faith and ready to bring their ethical and spiritual standards into the workforce. Get started or continue your career in one of the most financially rewarding positions in the information technology field with your master’s in cybersecurity!
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degree in Cyber Security?
Liberty University is one of the leading Christian universities in the nation and offers a variety of cybersecurity and related degrees at the bachelor’s and master’s levels. Our primary goal is to develop Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential to positively influence computer science-related industries.
With an exploding market for knowledgeable cybersecurity experts, now is the perfect time to advance your IT career or break into the field.
Our computer science degree programs are offered through our School of Business, which contains the Center for Cyber Excellence. Plus, Liberty is a member and supporter of the National Cyberwatch Center through participation in the Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (MACCDC).
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s Degree in Cyber Security Degree?
Understanding the legal and technical implications of today’s digital age is critical to promoting justice and combating cyber-attacks. Liberty’s master’s in cybersecurity will teach you the language of the digital world through fascinating computer science courses. Each class will emphasize the importance of ethics as you learn to acquire, examine, and interpret digital evidence through cryptography and hacking.
Our master’s in cyber security degree seeks to make you a valuable defender against cyber-attacks through hands-on experience and real-world insight. Because you are pursuing a residential degree, you will experience our Center for Cyber Excellence which has a mission of establishing Liberty University as the premier location for cybersecurity study, research, and job placement.
CSCI 511 – Digital Forensics
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Basics of digital forensics, including the technical aspects of evidence gathering for legal testimony
- Usage of digital forensics tools
CSCI 605 – Applied Cryptography
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Topics in modern cryptography
- How to implement cryptographic protocols using mainstream cryptographic libraries such as OpenSSI
CSCI 620 – Issues in Security, Privacy, and Anonymity
CSCI 632 – Ethical Hacking
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The how and why of ethical hacking
- How to use ethical hacking to strengthen security of systems, including issues in penetration testing like physical security and social engineering
Highlights of Our Cyber Security Master’s Degree
- You’ll gain all the benefits that comes with an active cybersecurity center that encourages research, service, and the effective application of technology from a Christian worldview.
- Continue your training in this exciting and growing field as you expand on your existing knowledge to learn about the latest advances in computer security.
- As this degree is offered through our School of Business, you can take part in all that the School of Business building has to offer, including a 2,000-square-foot Center for Entrepreneurship, our Centers for Cyber Excellence and Financial Literacy, information technology labs, and a networking and data center.
- You have the opportunity to pursue a variety of certificates such as Microsoft, SAP, Cisco, and more.
Master’s in Cyber Security Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Cyber Security Degree Graduates
Graduates of our online master’s in cybersecurity may pursue available opportunities to help safeguard secret governmental information or become better equipped for a wide array of potential careers in information security within the private sector.
- Digital forensics analyst
- Information security specialist
- Penetration tester/ethical hacker
- Security engineer
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Self-certification form for students in the final term of their bachelor’s degree
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a graduation application through their ASIST account
- Official college transcripts
- Regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree in one of the following majors with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing:
- Computer programming
- Information systems
- Information systems management
- Information technology
- Management information systems
- Computer science