Accomplish More. Go Further. Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Maintenance from Liberty!
At Liberty, we are dedicated to helping you channel your passions to achieve your goals, and our bachelor’s degree in aviation maintenance can provide you with the hands-on training you need to become a certified aviation mechanic. When you earn your bachelor’s in aviation maintenance degree with us, you join a student body that is passionate about creating a better tomorrow. Our students are empowered with practical skills and mentored by Christian professors with years of real-world experience in the field. Our aviation maintenance alumni have gone on to be world changers – working with missions organizations, airlines, and military aircraft services. Partner with us, and let us help you become a Champion for Christ.
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s Top 5 college campuses in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Aviation Maintenance Bachelor’s Degree?
As a Liberty student, you will receive hands-on training with over 45 training devices operated by our School of Aeronautics. You will also have the opportunity to get involved with a variety of clubs and teams designed to help you serve others while further developing your skills in aviation and aviation maintenance. We work to encourage diversity in the field of aeronautics. Our aviation teams, such as the Liberty Belles, are designed to support women and other minorities as they complete their degrees and establish themselves in their career.
One of our recent graduates, now working at HAECO in Greensboro, NC, stated, “I am interacting with lots of other new A&Ps (Airframe & Powerplant technicians). I can assure you that the A&P maintenance program at Liberty is leaps and bounds ahead of other programs…The biggest difference I have noticed is Liberty students are equipped for the workforce with an ethical and moral compass.”
You can read more about our alumni and their experiences in our online Liberty Journal. Discover articles about graduates like Luke and Tracy Hamer, who now work with Samaritan Aviation to provide emergency medical flights to those living in Papua New Guinea!
Credit for Life and Work Experience.
Another great plus at Liberty is the ability to take your experience and have it count towards class credits. You’ve worked hard and we offer numerous opportunities for you to gain credit hours for the experience or licenses you have.
Already Have Your Mechanic’s License? (Aviation Experience Plus)
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Aviation Maintenance Degree Program?
Earning a bachelor’s degree through our aviation maintenance program can help prepare you to lead with excellence and integrity as an FAA licensed aviation mechanic. Our professors have years of real-world experience in the field, and our airframe and powerplant courses are designed around the fundamental skills you need to succeed as a certified aviation repair technician and a Champion for Christ. With a B.S. in Aviation Maintenance degree from Liberty University, you can become the mechanic you are called to be – equipped with training that has taught you not only how to repair an aircraft, but to how impact the world.
- AVIA 300: Aviation Safety
- This course provides the student with a detailed introduction into aspects of aviation safety, risk management, and the associated components of pilot psychology, human error factors, and accident trends.
- Students can explore and develop their identity as an aviation leader as it relates to safety.
- AVMT 202: Aircraft Electrical Systems
- This course is designed to provide the student with an advanced study of AC and DC electrical systems, electrical power generation, and control; to include alternators, generators, motors, relays, switches, wiring installations, load analyses, and aircraft batteries.
- The student can gain the knowledge and skills needed to inspect, check, service, and troubleshoot airframe electrical components.
- AVMT 207: Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
- This course is designed to introduce the student to basic fluid mechanics as it applies to practical applications in an aircraft’s hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Construction and operation of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components will be discussed.
- The student can learn to inspect, check, service, troubleshoot, and repair these systems.
- AVMX 418: Advanced Electronics
This course will review basic electrical theory – including DC and AC – and then expand on this knowledge by introducing advanced electrical concepts including digital electronics, solid-state electrical control devices, and radio theory with an emphasis on application in modern aircraft.
Our Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance: Management degree can help prepare you for a career as an FAA certified aviation mechanic! You can earn your Airframe and Powerplant certificate through this degree program.
- AVIA 314: Principles of Aviation Administration
- AVIA 472: Aviation Organization Ethics
- AVMX 451: Aviation Maintenance Operations
- BUSI 301: Business Law
View our B.S. in Aviation Maintenance Management’s Degree Completion Plan.
Unmanned Aerial Systems
Our Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance: Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) degree can help prepare you for a career as an FAA certified UAS mechanic. You can earn your Airframe and Powerplant certificate as well as your UAS Crew Chief certification through our program and its partnership with Textron Systems.
- AVMX 339: UAS Airframe
- AVMX 349: UAS Powerplant
- AVMX 359: UAS Ground Systems
- AVMX 445: Medium UAS Maintenance I
View our B.S. in Aviation Maintenance: Unmanned Aerial Systems’ Degree Completion Plan.
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s in Aviation Maintenance Degree Program
Study hands-on! Our School of Aeronautics owns 27 aircraft, not including drones, and countless state-of-the-art training devices and simulators. In addition:
- Our students won the prestigious Loening Trophy in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- Our students have also won the prestigious American Airlines Safety Award for three years and running.
- Our aviation program is also one of the largest faith-based collegiate aviation programs in North America.
- We offer FAA Part 147 instruction.
- You can complete FAA licensure training in as little as one year.
- Build the foundation you need to get your Aviation Maintenance Certification: A&P (Airframe & Powerplant) license.
- This is a post-9/11 GI Bill® & Yellow Ribbon program.
Aviation Maintenance Bachelor’s Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Liberty’s Aviation Maintenance Graduates
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance degree can help prepare you for many occupations, including:
- Aircraft mechanic
- Aviation maintenance manager
- Government and military mechanic
- UAS maintenance manager
Admission Requirements for Our Undergraduate Degree Programs
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- Results from the CLT, SAT, or ACT are not required for admission, but may be used in consideration for merit-based aid.
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.