Grounds – Waste/Streets/Recycling
Solid Waste Removal
The Waste/Streets/Recycling Group manages waste from dumpsters, outdoor trash cans, and compactors.
Work orders can be submitted for assistance or email Jacob Butcher.
The Waste/Streets/Recycling group cleans streets, parking lots, parking garages, and coordinates pavement repairs and other hard surfaces. Work orders can be submitted for assistance.
Please recycle the following in appropriate containers:
- Mixed Paper: Office paper, mail, shredded paper, newspaper, boxes, sticky notes (Staples are fine)
- Plastic: Plastic bottles, jugs, cups, and containers with minimal food contamination (Lids are fine)
- Cans: Aluminum, tin, & steel containers
- Cardboard: Please break down cardboard. Please place empty pizza boxes in cardboard container.
Please DO NOT put in recycling containers:
- Glass of any sort (This product is not accepted at this time)
- Paper Towels/ Tissues (These are compostable, but NOT recyclable)
- Plastic film, bags, and bubble wrap (You may take these to grocery stores who are equipped to process this material)
- Electronics (Please submit a work order to IT for large items)
- Food Waste
- Wrappers of any sort
- Any containers with excessive food or grease contamination