Jeffrey Boatner, Ph.D.
Director, Online Human Services Counseling Program
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, Liberty University
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology, Southern California Seminary
- B.A. in Psychology, Christian Heritage College
Field of Expertise
- Individual, marriage, and family counseling
Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Registered Clinical Supervisor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Commonwealth of Virginia
- National Certified Counselor
Dr. Jeffrey Boatner has served in positions of academic leadership at Liberty University and currently serves as a core faculty member for the Department of Counselor Education and Family Studies. He is a Licensed Professional Counselor and licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Virginia, where he is also registered to provide clinical supervision.
Dr. Boatner has over 10 years of clinical experience working in a wide range of positions with a community mental health agency. His doctoral research focused on the father-daughter relationship and clinical interventions that can help to strengthen this relationship. This research interest is based in part on his own family (Dr. Boatner and his wife Barbara have four children, three of whom are daughters). Dr. Boatner is currently facilitating groups for fathers that focus on enhancing their connection to their adolescent and/or young adult daughters.