Chair, Digital Media and Journalism, SCA
- M.F.A., Directing for Cinema/TV, Regent University
- B.A., Communication: Radio/Television Production, Kent State University
- Over 20 years of professional experience in media production and eight years in higher education
- Served in several creative and technical roles for various broadcast and corporate outlets focusing on nonprofit projects
- Managed a West Coast studio for a large Christian broadcasting ministry and served as executive producer and director for numerous projects for U.S. and international markets
- Consulted with more than 200 professional clients on production needs, including:
- TV Studio Design and Build
- Production/Postproduction Workflows
- Media Shared Storage Networks & Asset Management
- HD Television Editing and Compositing Systems
- Concept through completion of numerous television/digital cinema narrative works, marketing pieces, talk-format shows, and music projects
In addition to a myriad of both credited and uncredited creative works, Mr. Rost has written a simplified English language manual discussing the workflow of digital cinema and television production geared toward those who speak English as a second language.
Mr. John Rost has more than two decades of professional media production experience with a variety of corporate and non-profit clients specializing in storytelling from concept through completion, encompassing many technical and creative roles. He brings this firsthand experience into the classroom with a teaching style that focuses on strong storytelling techniques combined with cross-training on a variety of world-class production systems.