New London Projects
Touching the Past
Liberty owns two properties in historic New London – Mead’s Tavern and the Bedford Alum Springs hotel. Both properties boast a rich history dating back to the 18th century and stretching into the present. Be a part of peeling back the layers of this town’s history.
For more information about the New London projects, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New London Day
Join Friends of New London and Liberty University on October 21, 2023 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) for New London Day, featuring the preservation and restoration of Mead’s Tavern and the old Bedford Alum Springs Hotel.
Your starting point for New London Day is Mead’s Tavern, 594 Alum Springs Rd.
- Learn about the ongoing architectural study and restoration on a tour of Mead’s Tavern directed by Liberty University students in period attire
- Learn what archaeologists uncovered in the excavation of the Mead’s Tavern basement and the wing.
- Visit the old Bedford Alum Springs Hotel property and learn about its history dating back to the Revolutionary Era
- Experience an interactive archaeology exhibit detailing the most recent discoveries.
- Visit the historic African American Church, built on the site of a church that predates the Civil War
- Visit the camp of the Montgomery County Militia featuring live demonstrations with Revolutionary-era reenactors.
- Attend a local history forum featuring an expanded World Wars exhibit.
Other events include a petting zoo, spinning demonstration, children’s activities, food vendors, and live music.
All activities are free of charge.