Explode Your Career Potential with a Health Sciences Doctoral Degree from Liberty!
Let us help you advance your career so you can make a difference in the fields of medicine, science, and academics. Partner with us as you prepare yourself with the best in biology and chemistry equipment and with academics taught by industry leaders with terminal degrees.
Gain the field and teaching experience you will need to enter career fields like cellular biology, molecular biology, biomedical research, and cadaver dissection. Our doctoral degree in health science will equip you for university-level teaching, so you can pursue your dream of being an anatomy professor.
The field of health sciences is constantly growing and changing, with new job opportunities opening for those with the right credentials. Get ahead in this competitive field with a doctoral degree from our School of Health Sciences! With our mission to Train Champions for Christ, you can feel confident you will walk away possessing the excellence and integrity needed to make an impact on the Kingdom of God within the powerful field of health sciences.
Available Degree Programs
Anatomy and Cell Biology (Ph.D.)
Our Doctor of Philosophy in Anatomy and Cell Biology degree is a teaching-intensive program with teaching practicums in areas such as cadaver dissection, cell biology, zoology, anatomy and physiology, and human biology.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctorate Degree in Health Sciences?
Our Department of Biology and Chemistry contains industry standard, state of the art equipment designed to enhance your education with ever-growing experiential learning opportunities. We have our very own Center for Natural Sciences, which houses the following cutting edge teaching and research labs:
- Advanced imaging
- Analytical/physical chemistry
- Anatomy and physiology
- Biochemistry research
- Biochemistry/molecular biology
- Cell biology
- Environmental science
- Forensic science
- General biology
- General chemistry teaching lab
- Human biology
- Organic chemistry
Additionally, you will access to professional-level research equipment. This will include items such as a gene sequencer, tissue culture facility, fluorescent microscope, LICOR imager, and more! We want to help you gain the valuable skills, techniques, and research methods that you need to excel in your career field.
Use our research labs to work alongside credentialed and experienced professors as you conduct your research. Our faculty enjoys mentoring students and offering career guidance, prayer, and general support throughout the rigorous doctoral studies process. As a Christian university, you can rest assured that your professors will hold strong integrity and Christian ethics in the health science field. Learn from their example as you begin your professional journey!
School of Health Sciences Doctoral Degree Information
- Residential format
- 96-97 total hours
- Transfer up to 39 credits
- Check out the course catalog
Admission Requirements for School of Health Sciences Doctoral Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Official college transcripts showing a B.S. or M.S. in a biomedical sciences related field (such as biology, biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, biopsychology, etc.) from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Research experience is preferred
- Three faculty/professional recommendation letters submitted via email to email@example.com (must include physical signature of recommender)
- Statement of Purpose: describes personal background, the motivation for pursuing this degree, career goals, and Christian commitment and views on origins (1000 – 1500 words)
Students must submit one of the following:
- Minimum MCAT score: 60th percentile
- Conferred M.S. GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum GRE score of 300 (combined verbal and quantitative)