Pursue a Life of Ministry with Our Religious Studies – Global Studies Degree
Are you passionate about serving God and serving others? Pursue our Bachelor of Science in Religious Studies: Global Studies degree and we will make sure your education provides you with the necessary skills to turn your passions into a career.
You need a degree that will propel you forward into a fulfilling life of ministry. And at Liberty, we have provided that for you. Our religious studies: global studies program gives you the biblical foundation you need to pursue any ministry of your choice, while the specialization in global studies gives you the edge needed to pursue a career abroad.
Start earning your degree and jumpstart your career in ministry. We want to get you where you want to go. And with our religious studies: global studies degree, you’ll be one major step closer.
Why Choose Liberty’s Religious Studies – Global Studies Degree?
By studying a degree within our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, you’ll be provided with the education, mentorship, academics, technology, and experience you need to fulfill God’s calling on your life.
At Liberty, we believe in giving you the best we have to offer. Our professors are our best asset; experienced and dedicated to teaching, mentoring, and supporting you during your academic journey.
In the Freedom Tower, which houses our School of Divinity, you’ll gain access to resources like our Scriptorium’s rare book collection including a 16th century Torah and a functioning Gutenberg Printing Press replica. You can also experience some of the latest technology, like our state-of-the-art homiletics lab that allows you to record and critique your own sermons.
While you’re here, we want you to gain invaluable experience in your chosen career path. This is why we’ve partnered with churches, parachurch organizations, and nonprofit organizations to give you options to choose an internship that will match your theology and ministry goals.
What Will You Learn in Our Religious Studies – Global Studies Degree?
As a part of our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, you will learn the integral biblical knowledge needed to be successful in any ministry field. You’ll be taught topics like inductive Bible study, hermeneutics, and an in-depth study of the Book of Romans.
With a degree in religious studies, you’ll experience training in other exciting areas like the history of the Christian church, world religions, and fundamental theological issues.
Because you’re specializing in global studies, you will also be equipped with the skill set needed to take your ministry abroad. You’ll learn about cultural anthropology, career preparation for global workers, as well as trends and issues for global studies work.
Review the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- An introduction to the basic steps and tools involved in the inductive study of the Bible
- The skills needed to practice a methodical approach to the observation, interpretation, application, and correlation to Scripture
Here’s what you’ll learn: an analytical and exegetical study of Romans, giving attention to the following doctrinal issues:
- The place of Israel
- Practical Christian living
BIBL 480 – Hermeneutics
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- A study of the nature, methods, and issues of biblical interpretation
- A variety of different approaches to biblical interpretation
- Demonstration of the crucial importance of hermeneutics
- The role genre plays in interpretation
- Students will develop their own hermeneutical method
RLGN 350 – World Religions
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The basic principles and practices of the most significant world religions.
- Points of contact and cultural opportunities for effective communication, understanding, and engagement
Highlights of Our Religious Studies – Global Studies
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity professors are active in the classroom, as well as in research and publishing original works.
- Our School of Divinity is committed to the authority of Scripture and conservative evangelical theology.
- Benefit from the teaching and professor involvement of a small bible college with the experience and amenities of a university.
- Internship opportunities with churches and parachurches locally, nationally, and globally.
- The Freedom Tower, where our School of Divinity is located, houses a 7-projector immersive classroom, an interactive classroom that utilizes teleconferencing capabilities, and a state-of-the-art homiletics teaching lab.
- The Rawlings Foundation’s rare book collection is valued at over $1 million dollars and contains a 111-foot long Torah scroll dating back to the 16th century and a functioning Gutenberg Printing Press replica.
Religious Studies – Global Studies Degree Information
- 120 total credit hours
- Transfer in up to 75% of your total degree
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity
- View the Degree Completion Plan
- View our course catalog
Career Opportunities for Religious Studies – Global Studies Graduates
- Christian educator
- Church leadership
- Parachurch ministries
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2021 applicants)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.