Sponsored by Liberty University
Open only to eligible legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who have not previously attended Liberty University’s Residential Program. Void in Colorado, Maryland, Puerto Rico, and all other jurisdictions where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
If under the age of eighteen (18), entrant must have a parent or legal guardian’s consent to participate.
The sponsor and operator of this contest for the Unashamed Scholarship (“Contest”) is Liberty University, Inc., located at 1971 University Boulevard, Lynchburg, Virginia 24515 (“Sponsor”). The Sponsor is solely responsible for its administration and fulfillment.
- Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest.
- Sponsor may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Contest Period.
Entry Period and Parameters
This Contest begins on February 17, 2022 at 3 p.m. EST and ends on February 19, 2022 at 5 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”).
- Limit one (1) entry per person.
- Winner(s) must pay the standard fees associated with enrolling at Liberty University to use the awarded prize scholarship.
- Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules contain grants of rights, and contain releases of claims and other rights.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
How to Enter
You must register for the Unashamed event and College For A Weekend to qualify to participate in the Contest. Enter the Contest by submitting a 500-1,500-word essay detailing how you fulfill Romans 1:16 and live unashamed for Christ in your school, neighborhood, and city (“Essay”). Your Essay will be judged using the criteria outlined in the Official Grading Rubric which is available online. Your Essay must be sent via email to email@example.com no later than 11:59 p.m. EST, Saturday, February 12, 2022.
All persons must meet all of the following qualifications to enter the Contest:
- Must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia.
- Must be at least thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. If under the age of eighteen (18) at time of entry, entrant must have a parent or legal guardian’s consent to participate.
- Must be a high school Second-Semester sophomore, junior, senior, recent high school graduate, or transfer student.
- Must submit the Essay via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59:59 p.m. EST on February 12, 2022.
- You must register for and attend the February 2022 College For A Weekend.
- You must register for and attend the Unashamed event and be present to win.
- Must not engage in any action that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines to be an attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practice or by annoying, abusing, threatening, or harassing any other participant or the Sponsor.
Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below and as determined solely by Sponsor.
This event is governed by the laws of Virginia. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and/or enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the law of Virginia.
One (1) winner will win one (1) tuition scholarship for $10,000 to be applied toward the tuition cost of attending Liberty University’s Residential Undergraduate Program (the “Prize”). The Prize will be applied by the Sponsor to the winner’s student account at Liberty University. The total value of all prizes offered in the Contest is $10,000.
- The Prize cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted by winner.
- The Prize must be used by the winner to pay for tuition expenses (according to the General Scholarship Rule) related to the winner’s attendance in Liberty University’s residential undergraduate program, entering between Fall 2022-Fall 2024 The Prize will be awarded in equal annual installments of $2500 per academic year for the first four years of enrollment. The winner must maintain full-time enrollment status in Liberty University’s residential undergraduate program for four years to receive the full amount of the Prize.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason.
- The odds of winning the Contest depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded.
- Because the prize is a scholarship to Liberty University, it is only valuable to those who are applying or planning to apply to Liberty University.
- Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply.
- Unless otherwise prohibited by these Official Rules, the Contest is open to legal residents of the United States.
- All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
The potential winner of the Contest will be evaluated according to the Official Grading Rubric and selected from among all eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period. The potential winner will be evaluated and selected on Saturday, February 19, 2022 by the Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Judges will be either: (1) Resident Enrollment administration and/or staff; or (2) Stakeholders of the Sponsor who have significant experience in student recruitment.
Sponsor will notify the winner on or about Saturday, February 19, 2022 at the conclusion of the Unashamed event.
- Winner must be physically present on Liberty University’s campus in Lynchburg, Virginia on Saturday, February 19, 2022, in order to claim and receive the prize.
Right to Use Winner’s Name, Likeness, and Biographical Information
Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Contest and accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor, Liberty University, their respective affiliates, successors and assigns, and others that Sponsor may designate from time to time, the unconditional right, license, and permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, and biographical information worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, on a royalty-free basis, without further compensation or right of approval, in order to publicize the Contest and for any other promotional, advertising, publicity, or trade purpose.
Limitations of Liability of Promotion Parties
Neither Sponsor or its corporate partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entity involved in the development or administration of this Contest assumes responsibility for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions;
- Any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction, or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest;
- Any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers, or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest;
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof;
- Suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or
- Any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Contest.
If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, a force majeure event, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest in whole or in part.
Monday-Friday | 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturday | 10 a.m.-6 p.m.