Make the Most of Your College Search
The countdown to college has begun. You’ve spent years investing in the life of your child, and this is their first big decision. They’re smart, independent, and capable, but family time is becoming more precious, and the college search is a journey you want to take together.
At Liberty University, we understand. Helping your son or daughter decide what to do with four years and their future is a big commitment. It’s an investment that deserves more than what a typical four-hour college tour can provide. So College For A Weekend is more than a typical college tour. It’s a four-day immersive event.
What will your student experience at CFAW?
- Attending college classes with accomplished professors and future classmates
- Staying overnight in a college dorm with current Liberty students
- Eating in our award-winning dining hall with over 20 available food stations
- Enjoying our on-campus activities — including a concert by a top Christian artist, an NCAA Division I athletic event, skiing or snowboarding at the Liberty Mountain Snowflex Centre, and more
What will you get out of CFAW as a parent? You will…
Discover a variety of ways to fund your student’s college education through Scholarship Search 101.
Connect with other parents who feel just like you.
Walk through the admission process with helpful staff who can answer your questions.
See why Liberty University was voted the safest college campus in Virginia — and the best dining hall in America.
Learn why Lynchburg is a town you’ll love to visit.
See Liberty’s campus firsthand and picture what your child’s life will look like over the next four years.
Meet faculty who are accomplished in their fields — experts who could teach anywhere, but choose Liberty because they see mentorship of the next generation as their ministry.
Attend parent-focused seminars and courses that will unravel the mysteries of financial aid and other topics on your mind.
Watch our athletes play with passion and then pray with their competitors after the game, whether they win or lose.
Go to a concert, explore Liberty’s ever-growing campus, or simply create lifelong memories with those you love most.
Parent Breakout Sessions
Don’t miss our dedicated parent sessions, where you’ll learn how your student will be supported at Liberty as well as discuss next steps and financial aid.
Parents have heard from New York Times bestselling author and LU Parent Karen Kingsbury, Executive Vice President of Finance Robert Ritz, Chief Academic Officer Scott Hicks, and other LU parents.
Details on time and location will be included in your event itinerary.
Session topics include:
- Housing and Dining
- Campus Safety
- Academic Advising
- Student Care
Local Accommodations and Dining
You can find more information on local hotels and area attractions in our planning guide.
For detailed dining information, check out our dining options available during CFAW. This includes special pricing for parents.
What else should you know before arriving?
- Registration is for parents, too! While it doesn’t cost anything, your RSVP helps us accommodate everyone joining us for CFAW. When you register for the event as a parent, you can also register your student at the same time. Or your student can give us a headcount of family members attending CFAW with them when they register. Either way, your registration means both you of you will receive your weekend itineraries when you check in on campus.
- Our current students are excited to host your student in their dorm room, but please keep in mind that they may not be able to join your student on every adventure while they are here for CFAW. While they’re excited to be your student’s roommate for the weekend, many of our students are employed, have homework, or life situations that might require them to step away from their room. But don’t worry – there are plenty of activities planned to give your student the full Liberty experience. Check out our schedule and events pages for more information.
- Students attending CFAW must have their CFAW Guest Flames Pass at all times. A Flames Pass gives your student entrance to their dorm, the dining hall, and Convocation. Please note that in order to attend Convocation as a guest, the Liberty University Police Department requires a state-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, for admittance. Students under the age of 18 who are not attending CFAW do not need an ID to attend Convocation.
Call | 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Chat | 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
Call/Chat | 10 a.m.-6 p.m.