Make the Most of Your College Search
The countdown to college has begun. You’ve spent years investing in the life of your child, and this is their first big decision. They’re smart, independent, and capable, but family time is becoming more precious, and the college search is a journey you want to take together.
At Liberty University, we understand. Deciding what to do with four years and your son or daughter’s future is a big commitment. It’s an investment that deserves more than what a typical four-hour college tour can provide. So College For A Weekend is more than a typical college tour. It’s a four-day immersive event.
What will your student experience at CFAW?
- Taking college classes with accomplished professors and future classmates
- Staying overnight in a college dorm with current Liberty students
- Eating in our award-winning dining hall with over 20 available food stations
- Enjoying our on-campus activities — including a concert by a top Christian artist, an NCAA D1 athletic event, skiing or snowboarding at the Liberty Mountain Snowflex Centre, and more
What will you get out of CFAW as a parent? You will…
Discover a variety of ways to fund your student’s college education through Scholarship Search 101.
Connect with other parents feeling just like you.
Walk through the admissions process with helpful staff who can answer your questions.
See why Liberty University was voted the safest college campus in Virginia — and the best dining hall in America.
Learn why Lynchburg is the town you’ll love to visit.
See Liberty’s campus firsthand and picture what your child’s life will look like over the next four years.
Meet faculty who are accomplished in their fields — experts who could teach anywhere, but choose Liberty because they see mentorship of the next generation as their ministry.
Attend parent-focused seminars and courses that will unravel the mysteries of financial aid and other topics on your mind.
Watch our athletes play with passion and then pray with their competitors after the game, win or lose.
Go to a concert, explore Liberty’s ever-growing campus, or simply create lifelong memories with those you love most.
Parent Breakout Sessions
Don’t miss our dedicated parent sessions, where you’ll learn how your student will be supported at Liberty as well as discuss next steps and financial aid.
Parents have heard from New York Times bestselling author and LU Parent Karen Kingsbury, Dr. Robert Ritz, Executive Vice President of Finance, Dr. Hicks, and other LU parents.
Details on time and location will be included in your event itinerary.
Session topics include:
- Housing and Dining
- Campus Safety
- Academic Advising
- Student Care
Local Accommodations and Dining
You can find more information on local hotels and area attractions in our planning guide.
For detailed dining information, check out our dining options available during CFAW. This includes special pricing for parents.
What else should you know before arriving?
- Registration is for parents, too! While it doesn’t cost anything, this RSVP helps us make plans to accommodate everyone joining us for CFAW. You can register for the event as a parent, and also register your student as well, or when your student completes their registration, make sure they give us a head count of family members attending CFAW with them, and both you of you will receive your itineraries for the weekend when you check in on campus.
- Our current students are excited to host your student in their dorm room, but please keep in mind that they may not be able to join your student on every adventure while they are here for CFAW. Many of our students are employed, have homework, or life situations that might require them to step away from their room, but know they are excited to be your student’s roommate for the weekend! And don’t worry – there are plenty of activities planned to give your student the full experience of Liberty’s student life. Check out our schedule and events pages for more information.
- Students attending CFAW must have their CFAW Guest Flames Pass at all times. This allows you entrance to your dorm, the dining hall, and convocation. Please note that in order to attend Convocation as a guest, the Liberty University Police Department requires a state-issued photo ID like a driver’s license for admittance. Students under the age of 18 who are not attending CFAW do not need ID to attend Convocation.
Call | 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Chat | 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
Call/Chat | 10 a.m.-6 p.m.