Plan Exciting Sporting Events with Our Bachelor of Science in Sports Management – Venue and Event Management Degree
Our Bachelor of Science in Sports Management – Venue and Event Management degree program will equip you to plan spectacular events for sports organizations as well as sports venues. In our B.S. in Sports Venue and Event Management program, you will learn the business, security, and customer service aspects inherent in event planning, and you can put your skills into practice by working with our NCAA and club sport programs.
Accredited by the Commission on Sport Management (COSMA), our bachelor’s degree in sports management – venue and event management is an experienced-based program that prepares you to lead in the sports industry with excellence and integrity.
At Liberty, our mission is to prepare you to impact the world as a Champion for Christ, wherever God calls you. We believe in combining a dedication to excellence with a quality education that emphasizes biblical values. You want to use your bachelor’s of sports venue and event management degree to achieve great things, and we can help you do it all to the glory of Christ.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Venue and Event Management?
At Liberty University, our sports management program not only offers a variety of opportunities for professional development but also provides a community that encourages and supports you throughout your bachelor’s degree program. Your professors and classmates will know you by name, pray for you, and mentor you, so you, in turn, can reach out to others.
Our bachelor’s of sports venue and event management degree offers a unique experience demonstrating what it means to have a Christian academic and athletic community helping you reach your goals and achieve excellence.
As one of the largest residential Christian colleges in the nation, we have the resources you need to make the most of your bachelor’s degree. With programs like our New York and Washington Fellowships, you can gain hands-on experience through exciting internship opportunities without postponing your graduation date. For our students who excel, we provide additional support and community through our Honors and Eagle Scholars programs, so you can develop your leadership skills and make the most of your academic achievement.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Sports Management – Venue and Event Management Degree Program?
In our bachelor’s in sports venue and event management degree program, you will learn how to plan and host a variety of events in diverse venues, so you will be prepared to facilitate event planning for major sports organizations and prominent event centers. Throughout our B.S. in Sports Management – Venue and Event Management degree, you will study the business and financial aspects of booking events and filling a venue’s calendar in the off-season. You will also learn how to take security precautions so all your guests have a safe and fun experience at your events.
Because hands-on experience is important, our bachelor’s in sports venue and event management degree requires several internships, building your resume as you test your skills through real-world challenges and opportunities. You will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through our NCAA sports programs in addition to a variety of internships available across the country. Throughout your B.S. in Sports Management – Venue and Event Management degree program, your professors will not only teach you important concepts but support you as you put them into practice here at Liberty and beyond.
BUSI 313 – Foundations of Project Management
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course introduces the student to project management and the fundamental processes of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing projects.
- Students will learn how to define the project, estimate project times and costs, develop project plans, manage risk, schedule resources and costs, reduce project duration, evaluate progress and performance, and close the project.
CJUS 380 – Introduction to Homeland Security
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This class is an introduction to both public and private sector dimensions of homeland security and emergency management, including: origins of natural and terrorist-caused disasters; local, state, and federal emergency management planning and operations.
- You will also study health infrastructure capabilities, public communication strategies; business community concerns; ethical, legal, and constitutional questions; as well as the social and psychological dimensions of disasters.
SMGT 440 – Guest Service in Sport Venues
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course will provide students with important background knowledge about the sport product and important guest management concepts, such as service quality, guest satisfaction, how perceptions of service influence consumer behaviors, and service assessment methods.
- Students will learn how to leverage their understanding of these concepts to establish guest service standards and strategies that meet organizational goals within the context of sport and live entertainment event businesses.
SMGT 441 – Sport Venue Operations
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- An in-depth study of the business practices associated with the booking, scheduling, and presentation of events in sport venues.
- Reflecting the multipurpose programming of many sport venues, this course will examine a variety of one-off athletic competitions, sport tournaments, concerts, family shows, and other showcase events used to fill a venue’s calendar days.
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s in Sports Event and Venue Management Degree Program
- In our sports venue and event management bachelor’s degree program, you will learn from innovative educators who are industry leaders.
- You will have opportunities to gain real-world experience by working with our NCAA Division I programs and more than 40 club sports teams.
- Each semester, you will have the opportunity to attend professional development sessions with our full-time internship coordinator, who will provide you with one-on-one support throughout the internship selection process.
- Our sports management program is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- Our B.S. in Sports Management degree program produces graduates of distinction who have earned internships with the MLS National Sales Center and full-time positions with the Florida Panthers, Wake Forest University, the North Carolina High School Athletic Association, and as an account executive with the Portland Timbers.
Our Bachelor’s of Sports Venue and Event Management Degree Information
- 120 total credit hours
- You may Transfer in up to 75% of your total degree.
- This bachelor’s degree program falls under our School of Business.
- Download and review our bachelor’s in sports venue and event management’s Degree Completion Plan.
- Find more information about our bachelor’s degree in sports management program in our School of Business course catalog.
Career Opportunities for Our B.S. in Sports Venue and Event Management Graduates
- Collegiate Athletic Administration
- Event Management
- Facility and Arena Management
- Resort Management
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.