Chart Your Own Course with an Associate Degree from Our College of Arts and Sciences
An associate degree is an excellent option if you want to pursue an education quickly and cost-effectively. Associate degrees can provide the credentials you need to gain entry into the workforce or career field of your choice, seek a higher or more competitive salary, or as a way to prepare for a four-year bachelor’s degree. And when you earn your associate degree from Liberty, you’ll receive a quality education from professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and have real-world experience in their field.
Our College of Arts and Sciences offers the chance to earn an associate degree that will not only launch your experience in higher education but also allow you to follow your passion and design a degree that is unique to you.
Available Arts and Sciences Associate Degrees
Our Associate of Arts in History degree provides a survey of historical methodology, western civilization, American history, and general geography. By also giving you the opportunity to complete all of your general education courses, this degree is a great way to prepare for further undergraduate studies in history, government, or even business.
Interdisciplinary Studies (A.A.)
Our Associate of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degree provides the maximum amount of flexibility for you to tailor a degree to your specific career goals and interests. With 20 areas of study to choose from and 35 specializations within those areas, you can create an associate degree unique to your goals and passions.
STEM – Mathematics (A.S.)
Our Associate of Science in STEM – Mathematics degree is designed to equip students like you with the right mix of computing and mathematical skills to prepare you for your academic and professional life in the booming field of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Why Choose Liberty’s College of Arts and Sciences Associate Degrees?
- At Liberty University, you will get an education that is taught from a Christian worldview by professors who have doctoral degrees in their fields and years of real-life experience.
- You will build friendships that will last a lifetime as you meet students from all 50 states and over 70 different countries.
- Our sprawling campus is located in beautiful Central Virginia and features opportunities to enjoy activities outside of classes and studying. From our NCAA sports teams to our recreation centers like Snowflex, the LaHaye Ice Center, and Camp Hydaway, you are sure to find something to your taste.
- Speaking of taste, you can also enjoy our Reber-Thomas Food Court with over 20 available food stations, including delicious gluten-free and vegan options.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2021 applicants)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.
- 60 total credit hours
- Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
- Review our course catalog