CSER 399-001 Special Projects
Students may request CSER eligibility at non-profit organizations and ministries that are not listed on the Service Opportunities page or in the CSER Dashboard database by registering through the 399-001 Special Projects course code.
CSER 399-001 Special Projects encompass any non-profit organization that does not fall under CSER 279-001 Church Extension. This may include either religious or non-religious non-profit organizations.
New organizations will be vetted by the LU Serve Office and require approval prior to the service opportunity. Organizations must be nonprofits with a verifiable 501(c)(3) status. Any exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must be approved prior to the service opportunity taking place.
Organizations must be consistent with the values, mission, and doctrinal statement of Liberty University.
To receive approval for a 399-001 Special Project, please take the following steps:
- Decide what organization you are interested in serving with and verify that it meets the criteria for CSER outlined in the Policy Handbook for Students.
- Ensure you have an eligible CSER supervisor at the organization, preferably a staff member, who can guarantee you a minimum of 20 service hours.
- Log into your CSER Dashboard, select the term you are attempting to perform your service opportunity during, then select course code 399-001 Special Projects course code.
- Use the search bar to search the database for your organization.
- If your organization already exists, select it. Next, select your supervisor from the drop down menu. If you cannot find your supervisor, please add them by selecting “Not Listed” and filling in their information. Please wait for confirmation prior to serving at the organization that LU Serve has approved your CSER request.
- If your organization does not exist in the database, select “Can’t find the organization?” and enter in all requested information. LU Serve will evaluate your requested service opportunity and either approve or deny the organization for CSER eligibility.