Combat Crime Before it Happens with a Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice – Strategic Intelligence Degree
In the military, intelligence saves the lives of service members on the battlefield. In law enforcement, intelligence can save the lives of both officers and civilians from terrorism and organized crime activity. Through Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Strategic Intelligence, you’ll be equipped to accurately analyze criminal patterns and work within the field of law enforcement, homeland security, or with other intelligence gathering agencies.
If gathering intelligence, analyzing it, and predicting the future actions of criminals and terrorists sounds like something you’d like to do, then our criminal justice – strategic intelligence bachelor’s degree is for you!
Our professors have years of experience working in the intelligence community for organizations like Homeland Security and major law enforcement agencies. They will help you understand the demands of working in the intelligence community and how to integrate your Christian beliefs in day-to-day activities. This vital part of our law enforcement community is looking for men and women just like you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice – Strategic Intelligence?
As one of the largest Christian universities in the world, we have the resources you need to make your education a pathway to a promising career. In the area of strategic studies, we are equipped to help you receive hands-on experience by participating in an Advanced Intelligence Analysis project. This project utilizes strategic intelligence students to produce open source research for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
In addition to this opportunity, there are ample chances to engage in situations that will put your classroom knowledge to use in real-life situations. Through our affiliation with the Washington Fellowship and other internships, you may be able to intern with the agency or related agency you are aiming for.
In addition to our academic studies, there are a number of clubs and societies you can join to further your chances at a great career in intelligence. The Strategic Intelligence Society encourages critical thinking that leads to the analysis of current events. Discern intelligence from information within the fields of politics, technology, transnational issues, economics, and military policy.
Our national criminal justice honor society, Alpha Phi Sigma, offers you opportunities for scholarship and career advancement as you connect with the criminal justice arena. Likewise, our Criminal Justice Club also hosts many events and offers opportunities for you to network and advance in a criminal justice career.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Criminal Justice – Strategic Intelligence Degree Program?
Our bachelor’s degree in criminal justice – strategic intelligence will help to prepare you for an exciting career in the world of intelligence. You will gain a practical understanding of intelligence gathering and counter-terrorism and the factors that come into play in fighting terrorism, including media coverage and consideration for the constitutional rights of the accused.
Of course, if you don’t know how to analyze the intelligence you gather, it will be useless to uncovering plots, plans, and potential issues. We will train you to properly analyze and evaluate information that has been gathered from multiple Intel sources. You will learn what it is like to work within an intelligence agency from experienced professors who have worked for national, state, and municipal organizations.
Download and review our B.S. in Criminal Justice – Strategic Intelligence Degree Completion Plan.
GOVT 380 – Introduction to Intelligence and National Security
An upper-division introduction to the field of intelligence and the Intelligence Community, and how it all works within the framework of the Department of Homeland Security.
GOVT 381 – Intelligence Analysis
- An upper-level course studying the field of intelligence analysis to give students a basic understanding of what it takes to be an analyst within the Intelligence Community.
- The course looks at some classic intelligence failures as well as some of the unpublished successes.
GOVT 481 – Counter-Terrorism
This course will evaluate the main aspects of the war on terror. The course will focus on dilemmas relating to intelligence gathering, offensive and defensive actions taken against terrorist organizations, civil liberties and media coverage, and the strategies and approaches for combating terrorism.
GOVT 484 – Strategic Intelligence
An upper-division course studying the concept of Strategic Intelligence, including the concept of fourth generation warfare, from the standpoint of the various intelligence agencies, the Department of State, and the Department of Defense.
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice Degree Program
- We were awarded an Illuminate Grant for Justice Project DNA testing equipment and training, allowing students under the supervision of professors from our Criminal Justice, School of Law, and Biology departments to research cold cases and assist criminal justice reform advocates in exonerating wrongly convicted individuals.
- Our bachelor’s in criminal justice degree produces graduates of distinction who have interned with agencies such as the FBI, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Marshals, the Metropolitan Police Department, and NCIS. Our graduates have gained employment in with the U.S. Department of Defense, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), AECOM Defense Services Sector, and the Virginia State Police.
- You will be taught by professors recognized for their excellence in teaching and who have served with the FBI, the Virginia Beach Police Department, and other distinguished law enforcement agencies.
- Our program is rooted in practical application of the theories you learn through simulations within the classroom and internships in the field.
Our Criminal – Strategic Intelligence Bachelor’s Degree Information
- 120 total credit hours
- You may Transfer in up to 75% of your total degree.
- This bachelor’s degree program falls under our Helms School of Government.
- View our bachelor’s in criminal justice – strategic intelligence Degree Completion Plan.
- Find more information about our bachelor’s degree in criminal justice program in our course catalog.
Career Opportunities for Our B.S. in Criminal Justice Graduates
- Criminal Intelligence Analyst
- Criminal Investigator
- Police Officer
- Special Agent
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2021 applicants)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.