Help Shape the Business Leaders of Tomorrow with Liberty’s B.Ed. in Business Education
Imagine educating the future leader of a Fortune 500 Company. By gaining the tools to educate today’s youth and tomorrow’s leaders in business, you can! Liberty University has designed the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Business Education 6-12 to create future leaders in business who have integrity and a firm foundation of Christ-centered principles.
Our B.Ed. in Business Education will prepare you with the knowledge you need to teach business and other related topics. Upon graduating, you can be prepared for licensure and ready to teach middle school or high school business classes. Start your degree now so you can make an impact on future generations. We can help you get there!
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s Top 5 college campuses in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Why Choose Liberty’s B.Ed. in Business Degree?
Pursuing your teaching license is a major step in your life! We want to come alongside you and make the process as seamless as possible. Since true work experience is the best way to gain confidence as a teacher, we offer various practicum and student teaching opportunities to provide you with valuable classroom training.
Within our School of Education, we have a team dedicated to overseeing your practicum experience to ensure that you are prepared to take on a class full of students. You will have the chance to complete your student teaching in various locations throughout Virginia as well as in Washington, D.C., through one of our fellowship programs. Here, you’ll see the urban school setting and stay in the heart of the district for an entire semester!
Our nation is desperate for teachers who are well-educated, enthusiastic, and compassionate toward their students. As one of the largest providers of teachers in Virginia, Liberty wants to help prepare you to teach with integrity and strong Christian ethics. Because as an educator, you have the chance to make a huge impact on the lives of children from all types of backgrounds. Prepare yourself for this responsibility by partnering with us.
What Will You Learn in Our 6-12 B.Ed. in Business Degree?
In the B.Ed. in Business Education 6-12 program, your studies will be broken down into the following 4 core foundations: education courses, practicum and gate courses, business courses, and student teaching. Your education courses will teach you the fundamental skills you will need as a teacher such as evaluating students, creating a curriculum, and teaching to the different behavioral and personality differences you might encounter in the classroom.
We want you to be prepared with the foundational knowledge needed for success in the classroom. Your core courses will cover a variety of subjects that fall under business. You will learn the basics of business law, entrepreneurship, and accounting. You will also learn major business computing concepts such as data communication systems, network security, hardware, and software.
Your student teaching and practicum will then allow you to put the knowledge you’ve gained into practice. You’ll work in the classroom alongside a licensed teacher to establish the confidence and authority you need to be successful in the classroom.
Review the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
BUSI 301 – Business Law
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Legal principles which apply to business organizations, torts, contracts, employment relationships and issues, intellectual property, and international law
- The American legal system and legal principles that apply to the business environment
BUSI 320 – Corporate Finance
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Capital stocks and bonds, budgeting, dividend policy, failure and reorganization, financial accounting, and cash flows
- The financial forms of business organization with special attention to the corporation and its advantages and disadvantages
BUSI 330 – Principles of Marketing
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The system of activities that constitutes marketing with an emphasis on the principles, policies, and strategies utilized to identify and satisfy the needs and wants of consumers
- The universal application of marketing in all forms of organizations
BUSI 336 – Introduction to Entrepreneurship
You’ll study the principles of establishing an entrepreneurial venture for either a for-profit enterprise or a nonprofit organization.
Highlights of Our Bachelor of Education in Business Degree
- Liberty University’s School of Education meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Pursuing our Bachelor of Education licensure tracks may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
- You will complete 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching prior to graduation.
- The Educational Technology Lab provides students with resources, software, and equipment to help promote learning with technology.
- All of our faculty who oversee licensure courses have K-12 experience and a current teaching license.
- Get involved with professional and student organizations related to your career goals and expand your professional network.
- You will have the opportunity to complete your student teaching in a variety of settings throughout Virginia or in the Washington, D.C., public school system through our Washington Fellowship.
B.Ed. in Business Degree Information
Career Opportunities for B.Ed. in Business Education (6-12) Graduates
- Business education teacher for Christian schools
- College/university academic advisor
- High school business teacher
- Middle school business teacher
- Private school teacher
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- Results from the CLT, SAT, or ACT are not required for admission, but may be used in consideration for merit-based aid.
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.