Instruct, Encourage, and Empower the Next Generation of Women in Ministry with a Bachelor’s Degree from Liberty
Do you feel called to develop and empower young women through youth ministry? You can use the training you receive from a bachelor’s degree in youth ministries with a focus on women’s leadership to pour into the next generation of young women. Develop the compassion and leadership skills you need to be an instrumental part of God’s plan for their lives.
At Liberty, our women’s leadership degree is centered on learning how to encourage women of all ages in their spiritual development. You can achieve this through teaching, sharing, and serving them in all types of settings. Whether you want to work in a shelter for women and children, serve in girl’s youth ministry, or become a youth pastor for your church, our degree will equip you to lead young women with confidence and integrity.
Partner with our mission of Training Champions for Christ and our team of incredible professors to earn a bachelor’s degree that makes a difference. Your ability to listen to, encourage, and teach girls as they progress through various life changes will have a significant kingdom impact. From talking about relationships and roles in the church to working through crises, your position in the lives of these young women cannot be understated.
Why Choose Liberty’s Degree in Youth Ministries and Women’s Leadership?
Our youth ministries degree programs are designed with your success in mind. Prepare for an effective career in women’s ministry by studying under professionals who are excited to teach from their wealth of ministry experience. As a teaching university, we ensure that our professors are in the classroom each week with you to teach, mentor, and guide you along your academic journey. You can be confident that you are receiving instruction from the experts themselves.
Additionally, your youth ministries degree should prepare you for what your career will look like upon graduation. This is why we ensure that students like you leave our university trained in both the classroom and in your specific ministry field. In order to provide you with as much experience as possible, we have incorporated training opportunities, practicums, and internships directly into your degree plan.
The following are just some of the ways you can take your skill set further with Liberty:
- Complete various church ministry practicums, designed to get you real-world experience under ministry professionals before you graduate.
- Complete a youth ministry internship with one of our church, parachurch, or nonprofit organization connections to gain even more hands-on experience.
- Our Ministry Fellowship program is an excellent opportunity to maximize your vocational ministry training in women’s leadership.
What Will You Learn in Our Youth Ministries and Women’s Leadership Degree?
Gain the foundational knowledge of the Bible you need to excel in any ministry field with a degree from Liberty’s School of Divinity. You’ll take courses on cultural engagement, apologetics, inductive Bible study, and hermeneutics. You’ll also study topics like global youth culture, strategies for student outreach, and ministering to adolescents in crisis.
If you choose to pursue our women’s leadership degree, you’ll learn how to effectively teach, lead, and train women in ministry. Your courses will examine spiritual development unique to women, as well as what their role can look like in different ministerial settings. Throughout this degree, you’ll be exposed to the best practices in teaching the Bible and communicating for a female audience. Our courses include both a secular and biblical investigation into women in leadership, so you can walk away with a broader understanding of what you want your ministry to look like.
Review the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
WLED 220 – Survey of Women’s Ministries
Here’s what you’ll learn: a survey of women’s ministries from a complementarian perspective, including an overview of secular feminism, and a survey of women’s roles in the home, in the church, and in society.
WLED 320 – Spiritual Formation and Development for Women in Leadership
Here’s what you’ll learn: a study of God’s Word as it specifically relates to women today and God’s plan and purposes for them in every sphere of life as women, wives, homemakers, and mothers.
WLED 330 – The Role of Christian Women in Ministry
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- A biblical perspective on the place of women in ministry
- Emphasis placed upon theological aspects, ministry positions available, and exposure to women who are in ministry
WLED 387 – Methods of Teaching the Bible and Communication Skills for Women
Here’s what you’ll learn: a study of the laws of teaching and learning as they apply to women in various situations in which the student has an opportunity to observe and apply the principles and art of effective teaching.
Highlights of Our Youth Ministries – Women’s Leadership Degree
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity professors are active in the classroom, as well as in research and publishing original works.
- Our School of Divinity is committed to the authority of Scripture and conservative evangelical theology.
- Benefit from the teaching and professor involvement of a small Bible college with the experience and amenities of a university.
- Internship opportunities with churches and parachurches locally, nationally, and globally.
- The Freedom Tower, home for the School of Divinity, houses a 7-projector immersive classroom, an interactive meeting space that utilizes teleconferencing capabilities, and a state-of-the-art homiletics teaching lab.
- The Rawlings Foundation’s rare book collection is valued at over $1 million and contains a 111-foot long Torah scroll dating back to the 16th century and a functioning Gutenberg Printing Press replica.
Youth Ministries and Sport Outreach Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Youth Ministries – Women’s Leadership Graduates
- Children’s pastor/director
- Women’s ministry associate
- Women’s pastor/director
- Youth ministry director
- Youth pastor
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2021 applicants)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.