When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

Campus Community | Deeper Week 5

Overview:

Continuing the Deeper series, Pastor David opens up God’s Word to share three more truths about praise and worship. This spiritual discipline is more than singing, but a way of life. Pastor David began by sharing how worship is revealing. Worship clears the fog of fickle feelings and reveals reality. We see this in a moment when Isaiah saw God for who He really is, and in reflection saw himself for who he really was. Worship is also repenting. It is the practice of turning from sin and clinging to God. When heaven gets ahold of a heathen, repentance happens. Lastly, worship is recruiting. In the words of John Piper “Missions exists because worship doesn’t”. It is the responsibility of the church to recruit people into right worship with God.

Quotes:

“Worship is more than singing…Worship is Life”

“To worship is to quicken the conscious by the holiness of God, to feed the mind with the truth of God, to purge the imagination by the beauty of God, to open the heart to the love of God, and to devote the will to the purpose of God” – William Temple

“Missions is not the ultimate goal of the church. Worship is. Missions exist because worship doesn’t. Worship is ultimate, not missions, because God is ultimate, not man. When this age is over, and the countless millions of the redeemed fall on their faces before the throne of God, missions will be no more.”- John Piper

“God in worship reveals who He is and who we are”

“God is seeking true worshippers”

Verses:

Isaiah 6:1-8 “In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called to another and said:“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;the whole earth is full of his glory!”]4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

Psalm 40:3: “He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.”

John 4:23 “But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.”

Questions:

1. Finishing part 2 of this discipline and hearing all “R’s” of worship, which is the hardest for you to live in?

2. Worship is our heart’s affection and mind’s attention, what takes the throne in your heart and mind?

3. How can you rightly place God at the center of your worship?

4. What is the cost of repentance in your life?

5. What does it look like to worship God through being sent out missionally?

Chat Live Chat Live Request Info Request Info Apply Now Apply Now Visit Liberty Visit Liberty