- MD, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine
- BS, University of Richmond
- Board certified, American Board of Pediatrics
- Patient-Centered Medicine – PCM
- Pediatrics – PEDS
- American College of Pediatricians, Fellow (ACP)
- Christian Medical and Dental Association (CMDA)
Dr. Cole comes to LUCOM with over 32 years of experience in the medical field. His greatest desire is to pass on what he has learned regarding clinical medicine to the generations to come. In his current position as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, he will provide health care to children and teens and teach students how to integrate faith in medical practice in the classroom and at the bedside.
Dr. Cole has been trained in Pediatrics and Aerospace Medicine but focuses exclusively on Pediatrics. He is a Distinguished Military Graduate of the UR ROTC program, member of Phi Beta Kappa and served for ten years in the United States Air Force. He is also currently affiliated with the American College of Pediatricians and the Christian Medical and Dental Association.
- Development of devices for the early detection of breast milk production
- Infant sleep and SIDS Prevention
- Safe sleep spaces for infants 0 to 6 months of age and their application
- Therapeutic transgender change: psychological and physiologic effects on children and adolescents.
- “Infant Safe Sleep and the Virginia Department of Health Baby Box Program: Implementation at a Community Based Hospital” Pediatrics at the Beach, Virginia Beach, VA 07/28/2019