Assistant Professor, Director of Medical Library
- MLS, Indiana University
- BS, Liberty University
Prior to joining the College of Osteopathic Medicine, Mrs. Garber served as the Head of Technical Services Librarian in Liberty University’s Ehrhorn Law Library (located at the School of Law), and as Distance Learning Program Librarian and Library Acquisitions Director for the A. Pierre Guillermin Library; now known as the Jerry Falwell Library.
She has been a member of the Virginia Association of Law Libraries, American Association of Law Libraries, and the Association of Christian Librarians.
- Population-Based Medicine – PBM
- Medical Library Association
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Medical Library Association
- Southwest Virginia Health Information Libraries
- Q-Bank Anyone? Creating a Question Bank of Medical Informatics/Information Literacy Test Questions for Librarians (Poster, presented at MLA Conference, Toronto, 2017.
- Fitterling, L., Garber, D., & Palazzolo, E. (February 2019). Medical information literacy Q-bank: a collaborative and developing project. Medical Reference Services Quarterly. 37:331-340 https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02763869.2018.1514897
- Garber, D. (January 2000). Internet filtering in ACL (Association of Christian Libraries) libraries. The Christian Librarian. 42
- Medical information literacy and informatics
- Information storage and retrieval – strategies and use in medicine and health sciences
- Medical bioethics