Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM) participates with other osteopathic colleges in a centralized application processing service called the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS). An application may be submitted online at www.aacom.org.
To initiate the application process, applicants must apply directly to AACOMAS.
- Instructions for AACOMAS application
- AACOMAS application
In the event of course work completed at foreign institutions, the applicant must submit official, detailed course-by-course evaluations completed by an approved agency.
These agencies include:
- World Education Services, Inc., (212) 966-6311
- AACRAO International Education Services, (202) 296-3359
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., (414) 289-3400
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., (305) 273-1616
Step by Step Process
Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will receive an email containing login information for an application. The application is returned electronically along with the payment of a non-refundable application fee of $50, completion of the waiver/non-waiver statement, and submission of three required letters of recommendation.
Review the following steps provided in the correct order of completion.
Create an Account using AACOMAS
The first step in the application process is for an applicant to create an account with the Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS). Visit www.aacom.org to begin.
Complete and Submit the LUCOM Application using the AACOMAS System
The second step in the application process is a checklist and each item is required to continue.
- Complete the waiver/non-waiver statement
- Submit the application fee, $50
- Submit Letters of Recommendation — one from each:
- Board-certified physician (DO or MD) — on letterhead
- Science faculty member or pre-health advisor, or committee — on letterhead
- Pastor, volunteer coordinator, employer, or faculty member
- Letters must be originals that are signed by the evaluator and submitted through AACOMAS, Liaison, Interfolio, or Virtual Eval (preferably AACOMAS)
- Letters from family members related by blood or through marriage are not accepted.
- Review and agree to comply with LUCOM Technical Standards
- Review and agree to comply with LUCOM policies for dress code, attendance, student conduct, and participation in osteopathic medical teaching and education
- Schedule an LUCOM interview (a specific link will also be sent to your Liberty.edu email account)
- Applicants must schedule their interview within 30 days of application submission.
Each applicant’s file is reviewed to determine eligibility for an interview, based on the established criteria of the LUCOM Admissions Committee. If it is found to meet the standards and mission of LUCOM, an invitation may be extended to an applicant for an interview.
The third step in the application process is the interview process. Candidates will be offered opportunities to sign up for interviews online. Although a majority of interviews will be virtual, candidates may opt to sign up for an on-site interview; spaces are limited. Applicant scoring is the same for either setting.
Faculty interviews will meet with applicants for approximately 25 minutes during the process. Presentations from current Liberty University osteopathic medical students, LUCOM Financial Aid, and LUCOM Admissions will also be delivered.
An interview is not a guarantee of admission to the college. An admissions decision is based on academic performance, professional experience, recommendations, personal statement, and interview. Each applicant who interviews with LUCOM will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
Admissions Committee Review
Following the third step in the application process, members of the LUCOM Admissions Committee review interview scores and information submitted by applicants to AACOMAS to render admissions-based decisions. This process generally occurs within the following weeks after applicants complete their interviews.
Communication of Decisions
Following the LUCOM Admissions Committee Review, the LUCOM Office of Admissions will contact accepted applicants using the telephone number provided within their AACOMAS application. Voicemail and email communication will be used to connect if candidates are not reached immediately.
Admissions Checklist and Confirmation Deposits
The final step in the application process is the LUCOM Admissions Checklist and the Confirmation of Deposits. Admission seats are guaranteed on a first-come, first-serve basis for those applicants who complete the following required and specified deadline:
- Application checklist items (found on the myLU portal)
- Submission of seat deposit ($2000)
LUCOM applications will be accepted annually beginning in June of each year. The official AACOMAS application is available online at www.aacom.org. The deadline for LUCOM applicants is March 1, but is subject to change annually if the class is filled prior to that date. The last day for applicants to submit their application and supporting materials is March 15.
Applications should be submitted prior to the end of December to have a realistic chance of gaining admission for the next academic year.